View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 07:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well I dont know what you considered idled fine but this thing is pretty rowdy so its hard to tell whats smooth and whats not. It smoothed out a little I guess but it didnt turn into a Caddy. It has ALWAYS free revved fine, even when the plugs were black. I put 65 miles on it today. Seems to be better. If it does it again I will explore further. After driving I pulled a plug and they seem to be fine too although I am no expert at reading plugs they arent black like the ones I took out. Man you gotta cut me some slack, EVERYTHING on this car is new. Not a damn part but the seats and steering wheel and speedometer and gas gauge was reused and they were recovered,recast, and rebuilt. I do not have it sorted out totally and I wont for a long time. It may leave me on the side of the road tonight but right now the Holley tech said adjust the idle mixture screws, I did, it runs. I do have a spare coil I will carry with me in case thats what it is. I just took my wife to the parts store with me to return some stuff from the flywheel swap and scared the hell out of her at how fast it is and its still under break in, I gave it like 2/3 throttle.