Thread: Compact Tractor
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 03:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Kubota Bash !

we were in Ruston today, near the Kubota tractor dealer.

So, I dropped in to check out the L2501.

They had a stick trans model. The shifter is in the center. Can't live with it there. That's why I would not consider a cheap JD, back in '09.

They did not have a hydro trans model. Said they had 25 tractors on order. Didn't know when they'd ever get any of 'em in.

But, I asked him about the hydro controls. He said they definitely had the heel operated reverse. Well, that totally rules out a Kubota, for me.

Since I've read that good used tractors are selling for almost as much as new ones, I asked the salesman an aprox value for my Kioti. He said aprox $10k, or slightly less, trade-in value.

So, to me, that means that the retail price should be above $12k. If we can get close to $15k, we'll probably sell & buy new. So, I'm gonna advertise it & see what it will bring.

That means that I'm gonna start seriously lookin for our next tractor. That means that I'm real interested in this thread, especially what Cliff chooses, as well as feedback from guys who have a model I'm considering.

Thanks Cliff, for starting this thread ! It may help some of us make the right tractor selection.