View Single Post
Old 09-01-2022, 05:34 PM
Senior Chief

Carbking, that is a funny story. I have always heard the term "going to see a man about a horse".

Honesty and integrity would be a minimum requirement for a successful trade. Trading long distance would present a challenge but with videos, Facetime, etc. not as hard as it used to be. I once put together a high quality 30 minute video of a car I was selling. I went over the whole car with a body magnet, operated all the accessories, showed the engine running and a test drive. The car had some paint issues (poor paint job) but otherwise was amazing. I sold it to a nice guy in Norway. He took care of all the shipping. Showed up on my doorstep and drove the car away.

I notice peoples signatures and see many different cars listed. So I know there are others out there that like a variety of Pontiacs. I believe it is a matter of integrity and a mutual desire to own something else.

I am just amazed at the six figure bids on BAT. All based on some pictures and maybe a video. I have been in this hobby for over 30 years and can tell you I have driven hundreds of miles, trailer in tow, cash in hand, only to be extremely disappointed when seeing the car in person. But that being said I have bought a couple of cars based on pictures and many conversations with the owners. You can get a feel for a person when you spend some time talking cars with them.