View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 10:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack P. View Post
What kind of HP do you plan on getting. Will that Demon blower be large enough for a built 426?
93 or E85?
So I have been off working for a while. The Hellcat should be out of the shop in another 2 weeks. I delayed the bigger engine (426) for now. Have to many irons in the fire and need to wrap up some things.

I am having the Demon supercharger put on the Hellcat. I did a cylinder head exchange with BES, and they sent Demon heads back with their pro-port work. The Hellcat and Demon head castings are the same, but the Demon has better valves to live in the hotter environment of the higher boost. So essentially, at this point, I have cloned the Hellcat engine to a Demon, and modified from there.

Other mods getting done are OST Dyno Demon plus cam & kit, springs, ti retainers, +10% lower pinned ATI dampener, larger idlers for better belt wrap, new Demon hydraulic roller lifters, heavier Manley pushrods, Fore Innovations staged dual fuel pump setup with Fore rails, Aeromotive boost referenced regulator with return (factory setup is dead head). All fuel lines are PTFE lined with #10 up to Y, #8 thru rails to regulator and #8 return. Also, a Pro Meth methanol injection setup, with the supercharger lid getting 6 nozzles (3 per side) placed over the 2 internal heat exchangers. Already had Stainless Works 2" headers

The last mod is an FIINTERCHILLER setup. We scrapped the air to liquid factory stuff in favor of the best chiller on the planet, made in Austrailia. A race comp, stage 2 setup that takes IAT's to sub 60 degrees in 105+ degree summer weather. In cooler times of the year, IAT's can be well under 32 degrees.

Also putting a Demon torque converter in, have a CCI driveshaft and the Demon 3.09 rearend ratio with a Per4mance DIRS brace. AAD adjustable suspension parts with the spherical bearing upgrade.

With 91 pump, a 32 oz of Boostane in the tank and the meth injection, were only shooting for 15# of boost. A nice conservative tune.

In the near future (EOY) I am going to make the switch to E85. There are finally enough stations with this available to make it reliably available. When I make that switch, we will re-pulley for 18# and put bigger injectors in it.

As for power, with the pump gas setup we should see low 800's on the tire. Maybe make the teens, but to keep from hurting anything, we will not be pushing the timing.

Once we switch to E85, should be around 900 at the tire. We will be close to the safe limit of the bottom end at this point. Rods seem to be the culprit. Molnar has a very strong drop in Hellcat/Demon rod upgrade. I would also upgrade the pin to a Trend H13 with the DLC coating.

Last edited by Tom McQueen; 08-23-2019 at 11:02 AM.