View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatRider View Post
I have only ever bought one "brand new" vehicle (1995 Dodge Avenger) and I think only 4 or 5 other vehicles from car dealers, preferring to buy from private individuals I guess; the latter method totaling 8 cars and trucks. (Yeah I am old.) Right now I have a 2014 Jaguar which is getting a little long in the tooth, and the wife and I are looking to trade it in (still have 12/60 payments left) on a more reliable sedan in the 2018-2020 range. I have been looking at the Toyota Avalon and BMW 5-series. Perhaps one of you that have purchased more cars from dealers can offer some advice:
Are the sales prices on sites like Car Gurus and Edmunds rated "great deals" or "good deals" to be trusted?
How much % lower than those might I set my "here is the deal I want or I am walking out" price?
Can I expect a dealer to offer me the KBB "trade in" value of the Jaguar if I take the advice per above and don't disclose I have a trade in until after the price of the new car is set?
Any help greatly appreciated.
I, too, would appreciate help. Has any one talked a salesman to a price lower than the Carfax as value?