View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 08:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSLCAH View Post
Are you using a final wash with lint free wipes ..then tacking ....before spraying ? What type of gun and cup are you using ? Dirt can come from a dirty cap and nozzle...and spray passages in the gun.
I wipe down all panels twice with lint free wipes and W&G remover prior to paint, then just before paint I blow off with an air gun and then wipe with a tack cloth.

Paint gun is a Devilbiss GFG-670 with aluminum quart cup. I break my guns down after each use and scrub everything with brushes and lacquer thinner, then reassemble and put away until next time.

I use a spin on filter on the paint guns as well as the air blow gun.

Interestingly, when I paint small parts in the winter I have a garage heater going, lots of air flow, and only plastic sheets draped along the sides od the garage (no air filters) to cut down on overspray on my tools, and get zero dust...but humidity is around 30% then. I suspect when it is that dry there is more static keeping the dust from moving around.

Oshawa built 1 option Judge basket case. 463, SD KRE 295's, CNC'd factory intake, Cliff's Qjet, Stump Puller HR cam, RARE RA manifolds, Pypes exhaust, T56 Magnum, McLeod RXT clutch, 3.42 12 bolt. 24 year project almost done...