View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 07:12 PM

Little bit of an update, I have the car on the road and driven it about 50 miles so far and I'm impressed with the way it shifts the gear spread seems to be great with my 3.23 rear gears. Only down side so far is I have a pretty good vibration at 70MPH and above, jacked the car up on some chalks to load the suspension today and had a better look at the pinion angle which didn't seem to be an issue with the Muncie but I was pretty hard pressed to go over 60 mph for the most part due to traffic etc. I found the trans output is -4° and the pinion yoke was basically 0° so I have adjusted the rear upper control arms to get the pinion angle at +3 and will test drive it tomorrow and see how it is. I'm thinking my lower profile energy suspension trans mount may be part of the reason for the -4° but I was unable to shim the trans any higher as it was close to hitting the shifter porch.

I mentioned below also about the cross member. I mistakenly said that the rear bolt hole for the rubber insulator will become the front hole for the new trans this is not correct. I had a factory hole just aft of the original front mount location this was used as the new front mount hole and the rear hole needed to be drilled on each side.