View Single Post
Old 10-15-2022, 02:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
Before you buy the new gas tank or fuel pump .... buy one of those outboard motor fuel tanks, put it under the fuel pump and plumb it directly in. If it runs nice that way ... well you know you have a fuel tank/line/rust problem. Get the smallest one you can ... about 3 gallons I think ... around $50. Will always come in hand in the future for similar adventures with fuel systems, or engines on stands. Will also allow you to put off the expense and time to install a new tank if you want to diagnose other things first.
I’d agree w this but you can also just disconnect the fuel line at the carb, crank it over and pump fuel out into a can. See what it looks like if it has debris or is dark colored. Empty the tank and add some new fuel w sea foam or something and see if that cleans it up. I’ve had a few really old tanks and pulled them looked inside and they were very clean no rust . So id check that first it’s easy and free .

I’d also put a good inline fuel filter before the carb, even if I used rubber lines to run it that way for a while until I was sure it was nice and clean fuel.

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
The Following User Says Thank You to turbo69bird For This Useful Post: