Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 06-20-2024, 08:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Inline Tube

So a while ago I was looking for a 2 bbl. pump to carburetor line. As much as I dislike ordering reproduction parts, Inline Tubes was having a Memorial Day weekend sale. The PLE7103 has a waiting period of a couple weeks because it's made to order ( https://www.inlinetube.com/products/ple7103 ). I received the package on the 13th and after opening reached out to let them know I didn't receive what I ordered. Part has all the signs of fitting a 4 bbl pump/carb. "Ken" responds that day stating he'll look into it. He responds the next day stating the guy he has to talk to is on vacation for a week. Can't someone tell just by the pictures, it won't work? I can't sell it because the shipping was as much as the part. Why anyone does business with this shady firm is beyond me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	InlineTubesMistake.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	635671  

Old 06-20-2024, 09:05 PM

I've had fairly good experiences with their pre-sales support, though it is questionable as to whether the '63 transmission cooler lines I got were actually as they should have been. I've had a real time of it getting them to route correctly. Lacking a good exemplar has been a bit of a hindrance, and has required me to purchase yet another set of lines (one was riding too high - and I knew it - and it had some intimate contact with my harmonic balancer).

'63 Bonneville Convertible
'56 Safari
'82 Firebird SE
Old 06-20-2024, 10:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I just bought a 4 barrel line from them (vendor of last resort) and it does indeed look like that except it only has a fitting on the carb end, and not on the bottom (which is correct). I just put it in today, and it took several tweaks on several bends to get it to fit.

Old 06-20-2024, 10:58 PM

Had poor experience w/ them RE brake lines/hoses.

Took the time to contact them & send pics on how the part advertised was totally wrong for the application they listed [rear axle brake hose supposed to be female/female, & they sell/sent a female/male hose]. Said they'd 'look into' the issue but a year plus later & the exact same part/part numbers are still listed.

Old 06-21-2024, 10:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

had 2 or 3 bad experiences with inline... brake & fuel lines ordered separately for a 72 firebird had horrible flared ends that would have never sealed, looked like a 8 year old did it with a harbor freight tool! Had to fight with them one email & phone to finally get a refund approved but made me pay return shipping... for their error or defect!

3rd & final issue was a brake proportion valve for same car, specified the early year part when ordering, they sent the later year with the wrong brake light switch, again had to fight with them over their obvious error, they didnt believe me at first & made me send a pic, even then the guy was reluctant to send the right part & made me pay to ship back the wrong part.

Just amazing terrible customer service & very back quality parts. Ordered the fuel/brake lines from right stuff detail & they were excellent quality. Ordered a brake line for another car from them and it did have a less than perfect flare on one end that would have probably worked ok, but I called to mention it & see what they said... sent a new line ASAP with no questions asked or even wanting the other line back!

Right stuff has almost everything inline does as far as lines with 100x better service!

Old 06-21-2024, 12:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Huh. I've ordered from them and everything was great. They were out of stock on the carbon steel differential line and sent me stainless for the same cost. I was worried about problem with the stainless seating properly. Had no problems whatsoever. Guess I got lucky one time! Lol!

Old 06-21-2024, 05:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchmitz View Post
Huh. I've ordered from them and everything was great. They were out of stock on the carbon steel differential line and sent me stainless for the same cost. I was worried about problem with the stainless seating properly. Had no problems whatsoever. Guess I got lucky one time! Lol!

Spin it however you want, but you didn't get what you ordered. Fail.

I received an E-mail from them today. They put in an order for a new line (don't know why they couldn't do it last week). Now, more waiting.

Old 06-21-2024, 07:20 PM

I used to buy a lot from Inline Tube but the customer service sucks and the products are of lesser quality these days. My last purchase , and I mean my LAST, was a set of valve covers. Since i didn't have my motor back from the shop I opened one box to check on the quality and then put them on the shelf. Got my motor back two months later and when I took out the covers they sent me two passenger side covers that use the grommet, no cover with the hole for the oil filler cap. I called and tried to exchange, not return or seek a refund, and Inline Tube said it was beyond 30 days too bad. I bought a pair from Ames. Anyone out there that got two chrome valve covers with the oil filler hole from Inline Tube hit me up!

Old 06-21-2024, 07:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Why all the in,ine bashing, here’s a company who are Pontiac guys, took the time to get brake lines and fuel lines from a ton af diff cars to mass
Produce them for the cats we have. Maybe bend your own lines next time. See how that goes. lol

Just Say No To 8” Flakes

F ire B irds

🇮🇱
Old 06-21-2024, 08:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I used their stainless lines too, was a great fit. They also do parts fir the 403 cars that’s not avail anywhere else

Just Say No To 8” Flakes

F ire B irds

🇮🇱