Old 07-06-2010, 09:47 PM

Default New project

After having the 62 Grand Prix done for 5 years. I figured it was time for another project. 1962 Tempest Lemans. 123,000 on the odometer. 195 4 cyl. 1 bbl carb, automatic. Original built, sold and lived in CA all of its life. Now it is Ohio. Don't know a whole lot about the ropesahft cars, but I wanna learn. Looking forward to getting it back on the road. Gonna need interior, weatherstripping, of course check and repair everything else to make it roadworthy again.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DCAO0050.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	211079   Click image for larger version

Name:	DCAO0053.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	211080  

Old 07-06-2010, 10:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Pretty clean Little Indian!!! Whats the paint code?? Is that Seafoam Aqua? Is the paint code QC? Would love to see some interior pics!!!

PS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Welcome To the Little Indians owners club!!!

POCI.org
Old 07-07-2010, 10:25 PM

Default Thanks

Keith thanks for the welcome. The paint code is JJ. Obviously someone painted it with the white top. I kinda like the 2 tone look. Interior is in rough shape. Kick panels, sail panels, door panels are gonna need replaced. Hedliner is half there, half gone. Carpet is pulled up and in the trunk, due to a water leak. Body is in nice shape, that is what interested me the most. After spending a bunch of time and money doing work on an Ohio car, i was looking for a clean body. Just getting started figuring out what needs replaced.

Ron

Old 07-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ahhh, Silverleaf green poly. Not a bad color. For some reason, I prefer a 2 tone paint job also. Just about everything you would need for the interior is now available for the 62's. If you dont have one, get a factory service manual. Invaluable info there. Again, welcome, & let us know if ya need anything!

Just looked at the pics again! Man is that thing clean & straight!!!!!! Even has the chrome trim/wings on the rear fenders & Bumper guards. Looks like the grill is in excellent shape!! Be glad, thats one of the hardest things to find.

POCI.org

Last edited by mechanickeith; 07-07-2010 at 11:01 PM.