Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 07-18-2002, 09:32 PM

Last year before the T/A Nats in Dayton, I purchased a bumper from East West Auto parts in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The bumper was for my 74 T/A and as most of you know this is a hard to find piece constructed of mostly rubber. When I called to inquire about this bumper the Owner assured me that this bumper was complete and would come with necessary hardware.

When I received this bumper it was half wrapped is cardboard and looked as if it had been thrown around by the UPS guys. The ENTIRE BOTTOM SECTION OF THIS BUMPER WAS HACKED OFF (as in not there). The hardware was missing and needless to say I was HOT!!! I called them to ask what happened with this poor excuse for a bumper and was told your SOL. The owner is just out to make a quick buck on us. And this guy has a advertisement in the high Performance Pontiac Magazine.

This deserves a BLACK FLAG.

Old 07-18-2002, 09:32 PM

Last year before the T/A Nats in Dayton, I purchased a bumper from East West Auto parts in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The bumper was for my 74 T/A and as most of you know this is a hard to find piece constructed of mostly rubber. When I called to inquire about this bumper the Owner assured me that this bumper was complete and would come with necessary hardware.

When I received this bumper it was half wrapped is cardboard and looked as if it had been thrown around by the UPS guys. The ENTIRE BOTTOM SECTION OF THIS BUMPER WAS HACKED OFF (as in not there). The hardware was missing and needless to say I was HOT!!! I called them to ask what happened with this poor excuse for a bumper and was told your SOL. The owner is just out to make a quick buck on us. And this guy has a advertisement in the high Performance Pontiac Magazine.

This deserves a BLACK FLAG.

Old 07-18-2002, 11:35 PM
Suspended

Knowing Ken, he no doubt charged you about 6x what the part cost other places, right?

Old 07-19-2002, 12:10 AM
Senior Chief

I have also dealt with them, and was not pleased. The part(Can Am rear bumper) was not as cherry as they said it was.

Old 07-19-2002, 12:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via MSN to Bud Lyons

I bought a fender and door for my 65 from them. I had no problems at all. They even truck shipped it to my door.

Only two defining forces have ever offered their life for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
One for your soul; the other for your freedom
Old 07-19-2002, 09:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ken is not the cheapest,has ALWAYS done right by me,if he sent the wrong part,took it back and send the correct,bought a lot from him.Tom

Old 07-19-2002, 12:25 PM

I spoke with Ken on the poor condition of this part and the fact that half of the packing material wwas missing. I asked for a refund, on the item or at least the shipping cost. He told me that he was sorry and could not do anything for me. Then I asked when he sent me half of a bumper, to which he had no answer.

Just lookout for these people who promise a good condition item and can't back it up.

Old 07-19-2002, 04:31 PM
Senior Chief

Let him know that 4199+ people (current PY forum membership) are aware of his dealings with you! Not a good way to remain doing business with the Pontiac community!

'06 GTO, '68 LeMans project, bikes, etc.