WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 1993-02 Firebird/Trans Am Owners > 93-02 General Tech/Discussion

93-02 General Tech/Discussion 1993-2002 Firebird/Trans Am General Tech/Discussion

Old 07-30-2013, 09:39 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 3k above sticker price?

Hey folks , when I bought my 2000 ws6 conv brand new in Feb 2000, the dealer tried to get me to pay 3000 above sticker for the "privilaige " of buying such a fine car. did anybody actually pay above the sticker when buying one of these cars brand new?
Old 07-30-2013, 10:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was in sales at a Pontiac store during that time. We had one in stock that we couldn't hardly give away. Finally sold it for below invoice just before the 2001's came out.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 07-30-2013, 10:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Wasnt like that in Cleveland. But you know they say , "todays hot seller, tommorrows hot Classic' It isnt very clear if the WS6 Firebird was a hot seller or not.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:56 AM

Most dealers want a premium over sticker for special cars...CETAs, 30ths and so on, but a premium on a regular old run of the mill 2000 WS6 vert? LOL I guess they were fishing for a sucker. Did you pay it? Did you opt for the "interior and exterior protective coating" as well? LOL
Old 08-06-2013, 12:14 PM
Senior Chief

Regular WS6 Vert? Didn't they only make around 1000 of them? Anyways, with the GM incentives around here the local one sold for about 8K under sticker price after it had been in the showroom for a while. I would have bought it except it was an automatic. I finally bought a 2000 WS6 vert with 30k on it but it was a six speed and about half the cost of sticker price.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Of course I didnt pay it. Jay Pontiac here in Cleveland was {and still is] invoved with our North Coast pontiac club and probably got involved in the talk about how "special these cars were. My buddy at Marshall Goldman moter sales called up jay and said that they had a female customer who wanted a Firebird conv. They told Jay it had to be a automatic Jay replied that they had one auto conv, that Marshall could have at sticker. That car, my car was a WS6 conv! So i paid sticker. Jay also tried to see me a dark blue Firehawk coupe that i could have had below sticker, but i wanted a conv. didnt even know about Firehawk conv, or other special editions that may have been available in Feb 2000. I kind of wonder how many people actually knew about other editions as well. You guys talk about heavely discounted WS6's, but it just doesnt seem like that was the case around here. Saleman even went so far as to tell me that if I didnt buy it, no worries, someone else would.

Last edited by red1975pacer; 08-06-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:12 PM

I can see how an uneducated buyer would believe that and pay full price for one. I bought a new 2000 Vert and got it for around $28K I think...sticker was $34K the best I can remember. The 00 cars were not hard to find or limited...you could have walked in and ordered what you wanted at sticker price at worse...and should have been able to get one under that. I think they were blowing smoke. As far as the salesman not caring if he sold it to you...he wanted to sell it to you because if not another salesman might have sold it and he wouldn't have made a dime on it. The Firehawks were not limited either...they made as many as they could sell. The only reason any of the cars besides the LEs (CETA & 30ths) are low production is because they didn't sell many of them.

I bought two new Firehawks in 02 (actually ordered them) and they wanted to charge a limited availability fee on them...I did end up paying sticker for both and got 0% financing on them and some other stuff...and that was late in 02 when the cars were actually pretty hot.