Old 08-21-2021, 03:58 PM

Default 64 Muffler Hangers

My car had "Muffler Shop" dual exhaust on it when I bought it and I'm going back with factory style exhaust. I can't find any clear pictures in the archives showing how the factory muffler hangers are installed. Did I install my hangers correctly?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0024.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	571690  

Old 08-21-2021, 06:35 PM
Boost Engineer

Looks like the correct orientation, but mine were never that pretty.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 08-21-2021, 07:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes, but I will tell you what will make them last longer. The bolt threads are sharp and the bolt head puts a lot of pressure on the rubber hanger. Buy or make a metal bushing the diameter of the rubber hole and the length of the rubber thickness. When you tighten up the bolt, the radius of the metal bushing protects the rubber. No sharp edges. No squeezing pressure. The material in the new hangers is not near as good as the original stuff. You are the only one who knows they are there.

Keep posting pics of your project...

"Bill"!

Old 08-22-2021, 03:47 PM

Thank you, Bill and Tom. Crushing the rubber between a washer and the frame didn't appeal to me when I did the mock up. Bill, that's a great tip you have given about making a sleeve for the mounting bolts to go through. I'm off the my local hardware store to see what I can come up with.