Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 06-24-2005, 02:13 PM

Wondering if anyone has used or is using these tires. I was thinking about puting them on my 72 Lemans because the Indy 500 firehawks are just about done...open to suggestions for daily driver applications...Thanks

Old 06-25-2005, 07:50 PM

i;m not familiar with the g-force t/a tire but have run radial t/a's for years and will continue to.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 06-26-2005, 05:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mike nixon:
i;m not familiar with the g-force t/a tire but have run radial t/a's for years and will continue to.

mike </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trust me when I say that Radial TA's are decent on a stock car but on a car with a decent suspension, they are not up to the task at hand.

What size rims are you running 72LeM? If you are running a 16" or up, check out Firestones new line of Wide Ovals.

Old 06-26-2005, 12:37 PM

Right now I'm running 15 x 7 Rally IIs with P215/65/R15 Firehawk Indy 500s all around. I have heard a lot of good things about the radial t/a's. I want to go wider but just not sure of how far i can go with the 15x7 rally...Any ideas? thanks Sam

also here's what bfgoodrich has on the g force t/a http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfgap...forcetakdw.jsp

Old 06-26-2005, 01:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There are a bunch of different Radial T/A's on the market now, the KDW is a high performance, summer only tire (I see it's rated for up to 186mph...maybe more than you need. ) Go to The Tire Rack website, click on the different types of tires, and read their comments as well as the owner's reviews. There's some good info there.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/bfg/bfg.jsp

Old 06-26-2005, 02:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Radial TAs are made to keep Rally IIs from touching the ground and not much else. KDWs and such are ultra-high-performance tires for cars that corner. But I bet you can't get them very close to the right size to fit on a Rally II.

Old 06-27-2005, 10:56 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

on my 67 GTO w/ Rally II's I am running 235/60/15 Radial T/A's on the front and 275/60/15 Drag Radials on the rear. I bought them from Summit Racing.

Old 06-29-2005, 06:00 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I just got some G force Sport's on my TA. I love them. Got a nice directional tread and there's no comparisom to regular Radial T/A's for road grip, both forward and sideway's Not as pricy sa the KDW or KD's either

BTW, the KDW's can be driv'n in the rain, (hence the W) although you better have a gentle throttle foot. The KD's are not reccommended for wet at all. The sport's seem ok in the rain, better grip in the wet than my worn TA's had on dry

"If it ain't broke, modify somethin till it is"
Old 06-30-2005, 08:21 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_GTO:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mike nixon:

mike </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if he's running the indy tires now he'll be moving up with the bfg's.

mike

Trust me when I say that Radial TA's are decent on a stock car but on a car with a decent suspension, they are not up to the task at hand.

What size rims are you running 72LeM? If you are running a 16" or up, check out Firestones new line of Wide Ovals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill