Old 09-27-2006, 12:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Unhappy THIS ONE GOT AWAY TOO !!!

I was at work the other day and my co-worker knows I am looking for a Pontiac musclecar, so he told me about this GTO he thought he seen sitting in a trailer/motorhome storage compound. Well, I went for a drive yesterday morning and ended up finding a 1972 Pontiac Lemans, first thing I did of course is Pop the hood open. Sitting in the engine bay was a YS 400 with 7K3 heads, same as the GTO !!! On top of it was a dual snorkel air cleaner ! Boy was I excited to find this high optioned Lemans, I look at the rest of the car which will need the usual rust repair around the bottom of the front fender and the quarter panels needs to be replaced. Underneath, floor are good and there is a 12 bolt rear-end !!! The interior is white with console and bucket seats. I left a note on the dash asking the owner if he wants to sell it to call me... I talk to the owner of the compound and asker who's car it was, sadly she told me it sold last week. THIS ONE GOT AWAY TOO !!! Hopefully the new owner decides to sell it ??? The worst part is I think I seen it about a year ago, I snooze, I loose ! PONTORQUER

Old 09-27-2006, 12:26 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I forgot to mention that I took one of these cars for a test drive years ago and can tell you they go like snot !! I went from 0 t0 120 miles per hour in no time !!! The 72 400/7K3 is very powerfull and the last of the no-smog/big valves headed engine !