Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 04-15-2007, 06:36 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via AIM to Zipbar
Default Parts why cant they get it right!!!

How many other people are frustrated when they buy parts that places sell as correct only to find out that it just isnt right. I have been buying parts recently for my current resto and it has been a stressfull task. Purchased a clutch neutral switch they said it fit 73 Trans am get it and the post is not right wont mount, they said send it back. Purchased a carb said it was #7043264 get it and it is a 7044268 they didnt see a problem. Theres a lot more parts i have got that do not fit or are the wrong application. It seems like quality control and customer service these days sucks. Makes a relaxing hobby of restoring cars a pain in the a$$. I should note that nothing above was purchased at PY. I cant be the only one who stresses out over parts and poor customer service of so called reproduction restoration parts.

Old 04-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

When i got my first 70 Firebird in 81,i could get my parts at the dealer still.It seems now every one is trying to get into the "resto" parts business.Back in the early 90's i got my stuff from PY.I've been collecting stuff for my 81 SE T/A for 1.5 years now,mostly old stuff in good condition or NOS.Plus saving stuff for 25 years.