Old 08-20-2008, 10:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Is this a good deal

I find myself in the situation where I need all new rims for my 72 Lemans. The guy who build my heads next door neighbor has a side hobby in restoring musclecar rims, mostly Chevy stuff but he has a set of 15x7 rally II rims that are guaranteed to be straight and have been blasted and painted correct colors. His price is 300 bucks, that seems reasonable to me am I right?
Are 15x8 rims better? He has a partial set and told me it would be a while before he can complete it.

He is also selling a set of 4 coker redline tires which he would mount and balance for another 200, the tires have been used and have 11,000 miles on them, I have not seen them to make a good decision on the tires but the rims I have seen and they look nice.

I just don't know how I feel about redline tires on a 72. Also would I also need a 15 inch spare or could I go with my best 14 inch rim?

Thanks for help with this noobish question. Pete.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:00 PM

I bought a set of 14x7 Rally II wheels complety restored, with new center caps, new valve stems, new beauty rings,and new chrome lug nuts for 525.00 on ebay. The price he gave you sounds fair to me.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Just in case you didn't see this ad. A good comparison I suppose.
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=571598

71' GTO -original 400/4-speed/3.23 posi
13.95 @ 102.1 on street tires @ 4055lbs.

‘63 LeMans- ‘69 400 w/ original transaxle. 2.69 gears.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobM View Post
I bought a set of 14x7 Rally II wheels complety restored, with new center caps, new valve stems, new beauty rings,and new chrome lug nuts for 525.00 on ebay. The price he gave you sounds fair to me.
Good deal, though I have all the lugs and center caps already.