THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Stewart wins 2 races this year!!!!

Tony Stewart has now won 7 of the last 15 races in NASCAR, maybe on his way to another championship..................................

He's never been this competitive this early in the season in his 13 years in the cup circuit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2452.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	279568  

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 03-27-2012, 07:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yup....

I was doing the rain dance hoping for the rain to continue on Sunday - once it started...

The valve cover is a "race used" autographed one from JGR from 2000 autographed by Tony and Bobby...

This was hung in the basement of our old house in Wisconsin that was a full on car/race themed basement.

My wife is a big Garfield the Cat fan - when the Petty's came out with their Garfield car - we had a way to tie racin' with Garfield...

Our new home in MN is a little bit tamer in the family room. Only the 3x5' Champion sign, the autographed valve cover and the hood of our track championship car are hanging in the basement - along with our diecast collection and several racing prints/posters.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Good for Tony. Better than a Toyota winning.

Car is a junk yard dog and maybe one day will be restored.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:16 PM

Yea, but Tony is still a putz.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm so glad Darien Grubb is gone, he pulled the same boneheaded move for Denny Hamlin that he made with Tony last year and cost him a win, told him to pit when the rain came. Those type of calls are what cost Tony 3-4 races over the last couple of years, pitting when rain came and calling for 4 tires when it should have been gas and go.

Bringing Zipadelli over as competition director can do nothing but help an already great team and I believe Steve Addington will make a much better crew chief. Grubb never wanted to make the call and asked Tony what he thought about what they should do. Tony ultimately is the boss, but on Sunday he's no longer the boss, he's the driver and he still needs a crew chief to make good calls.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated