Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Old 09-22-2014, 06:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to RA6T7GTO
Default ALL PONTIAC SHOW LONG ISLAND NY

This sunday sept 28 at port jefferson station NAPA store
345 Hallock ave 11776
all pontiacs welcome

Old 09-22-2014, 09:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What time? Where is the napa? I thought Hallock ave was Mt. Sinai?

Old 09-23-2014, 09:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

What time? Thanks

Old 09-23-2014, 12:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPONT View Post
What time? Where is the napa? I thought Hallock ave was Mt. Sinai?
show starts at 9:00 am, hallock does gointo mt sinai but it goes to rt 112 in port jeff sta, napa is near taylor rental

Old 09-23-2014, 12:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytrainer View Post
What time? Thanks
9:00 am

Old 09-23-2014, 09:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I might be there, my neighbors and wife might want to kill me waking everyone up so early on a Sunday!

Old 09-23-2014, 09:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
I might be there, my neighbors and wife might want to kill me waking everyone up so early on a Sunday!
push it down the block !

Old 09-23-2014, 09:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm planning on it myself. First, I want to do the Cruise to the show parade, then drive over to the Pontiac show for a while

469, M21, 3.42

Old 09-23-2014, 10:07 PM
Senior Chief

Might be there too.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA6T7GTO View Post
push it down the block !
She is a big girl, to heavy for me! LOL

Old 09-24-2014, 06:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That's right down the road from my friends shop that i used to work at
Mike's Mechanic's
someone stop in the Wonderbar Deli and eat something good, man.... i miss that place

Old 09-24-2014, 08:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don 79 TA View Post
That's right down the road from my friends shop that i used to work at
Mike's Mechanic's
someone stop in the Wonderbar Deli and eat something good, man.... i miss that place
Yes the Wonderbar egg sandwich uses 1lb of bacon per sandwich! I actually have to remove some bacon when I get there sandwich!

Old 09-25-2014, 08:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Yes the Wonderbar egg sandwich uses 1lb of bacon per sandwich! I actually have to remove some bacon when I get there sandwich!
lol
i miss the food from back home, deer park ave, bellmore train station hang out, bald hill, and more importantly working at the shop, i really miss having the alignment rack and connections to get parts. the fella i used to get race gas from was right now the road from Hallock where it hit 347 or was it 25a?? guess i am getting old now... Arnie i think was his name and he sold parts at a great discount too. he called me the crazy jetski guy since i was buying large amoutns of Sunnoco blue for my skis

BTW...
take photos of this event, there are some nice Pontiac's on the island.

Old 09-25-2014, 04:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Arnie is still at it. The place looks the exact same except the trees got bigger! God forbid that trailer of race gas ever catches fire, acre's of woods will be one!
He is a charactor for sure!

Old 09-25-2014, 08:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Arnie is still at it. The place looks the exact same except the trees got bigger! God forbid that trailer of race gas ever catches fire, acre's of woods will be one!
He is a charactor for sure!
LOL
glad he is still at it
and don't show up early in the morning.... you will be greeted by a shotgun... THANK GOD he asked questions first.... i was warned, but thought it was a joke.....
wish i could have seen his Vega back in the day
had some nice chats with him about that and the good ole days

hope to see some photos from the event, need to see home
every time we see the handlebar on TV (Ramsey's show) we see Mel the waiter we used to have all the time. Man.... they had the most awesome filet's there... to bad the guy who took it over (Billy) from the original owner was a D-head
come to think of it... Hallock ave had some good eat'ns and car stuff too lol
i used to run with my friends pitbull down hallock ave.... man... the good ole days hard to believe about 14 years ago...

Old 09-25-2014, 10:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's funny you say that, a friend of mine will not go back there because Arnie pulled the shotgun on him! Thank God Arnie likes me. He has some sick cars, the are a mess now but, the Vega, a 55 Chevy, a 70 Z28, a 63 split window vette with very low miles, He has a late Impala ss with less than 100 miles on it too. Where did you move too?

Old 09-26-2014, 08:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

There's a guy with a pro street Vega that I've seen at the kings park cruise. It's tan. Is that the same car?

469, M21, 3.42

Old 09-26-2014, 09:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

no
not the same Vega
Arnie's stuff is/was rotting away, at least it was when i was last there for fuel in 07

If you go back to him.. ask him if he remembers me, the jetski guy... he couldn't believe i'd blast through 30-50 gals of fuel in a weekend.

we moved to Yuma AZ in the summer 2008. hated it there so much and i landed a decent gig in Huntsville/Madison AL on Dec. 2010. Much MUCH nicer here. only thing is the constant threat of rain/rain showers/down pours for when it's cruising time.
outside of that it reminds us of being back home, sorta like in the mid 80s, not to crowded, a lot of good things, etc....
EXCEPT the car scene.....
it REALLY sucks.... (my opinion, no offense to anyone here, just judging from what i am used to being back home)
i guess the problem is we are used to being on LI and all the fun there as i mentioned before. nothing like that here. i try to tell them about Bellmore/Bald Hill/etc.. they think i am lieing or don't believe me. anything here over 50 cars (300 for the HUGE shows) here is massive lol...
also here... its more of youngins with their insane dollared imports, or people with late model stuff and super big $$ dumped into them. there is really no place to cruise around (like the avenue). people here are into car shows and trophies and it's sorta like car club/gang related. either you are with the LMC (mustang club) or the older vette owners club.
then of course you have cruise ins where people are allowed to drink alcohol. Yeah... nice message huh.. not to mention people touch your cars, dump cig butts in them, usesless car show papers, and of course scratch your car too. i know times have changed, just wondering if has gotten bad back home too (yes i know it's not the 80s, 90, or pre fast and furious times anytime more).
i get people bitching all the time there is no good place to hang out, why can't we get a huge car turn out etc....
i said you people don't have one standardized hang out, like every weekend at X place. they only do things once a month here and have said they will refuse to go anywhere twice, and i said if there is any chance or rain, people wont go with a prized ride. and then you have this little group here, that one there, and one there... it's sorta to political for me... don't get me wrong.. there are some really cool people that feel the same way, just so hard to convince the others

at least we have like 3-4 local tracks, laid back, really cool, pretty nice, and super cheap... all within an hours drive, so that is another big plus and so much fun racing with the wife.

but man... i will say some people around here have some INSANE $$ they have in their rides.... some really gorgeous cars. if you are a Tri Five fan.... OMFG..... when you see them up close here.... WOW

Old 09-26-2014, 09:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The cruise scene around LI had grown considerably in the last several years IMO. Each event is starting earlier in the day and in you're not there very early it's likely you'll get turned away due to the lots being full. These are good problems to have!

469, M21, 3.42

Old 09-26-2014, 09:15 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

arnie usually drives his monte ss aero coupe around, last winter i helped him out when his wheel fell off and he was stuck in front of ramp ford,