Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Classic Industries

I had a recent bad experience with Classic Industries. Ordered a set of floor mats for a 1st generation Firebird. The front mats fit but the back mats were wrong. They were twice as big as they should have been. Probably for a big car. I called them and they said to send them back for a full refund. When they finally admitted that they received them, they decided to burn me for 40% because I had them for over thirty days. This is even though it's definitely their mistake. Classic Industries has a new trick that earns them money for no service at all! Buyer Beware.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:45 AM
Suspended

Yea. Restocking fee. Why dont they just wear one over thier head when they do business with us.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:41 AM
Senior Chief

I haven't had very good luck with them either.

Package tray, wrong color.
Window cranks, black knobs instead of clear.
TA grills, said they were in stock but were really on back order for over a year.

If it's a miscellaneous part that also fits a Chevy they've got it, otherwise you're pressing you luck.

Old 06-22-2007, 03:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: The ObamaNation we once called the United States of America

I bought 3 or 4 items from them one time about 2 years ago or so. It was one order and one of the items was backordered.......that was the only thing I didnt like, the one item took about 2 weeks longer to get here.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security deserves neither and will loose both."-Benjamin Franklin
Old 06-23-2007, 01:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff R
I haven't had very good luck with them either.

Package tray, wrong color.
Window cranks, black knobs instead of clear.
TA grills, said they were in stock but were really on back order for over a year.

If it's a miscellaneous part that also fits a Chevy they've got it, otherwise you're pressing you luck.

You sure you guy's ain't talkin' 'bout OPG? LOL!:cool2:

520-409-7236
Koerner Racing Engines
You killed it, We build it!
520-294-5758

64 GTO, under re-construction, 412 CID, also under construction.
87 S-10 Pickup, 321,000 miles
99Monte Carlo, 293,000 miles
86 Bronco, 218,000 miles
Old 06-23-2007, 10:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: The conservative enclave in a land of liberals; South Orange County, CA

I'm local to Classic Ind. & OPG, bought tons of stuff for my 67 'bird, Classic Ind. kinda sucks! They're local and convenient, otherwise I'd order ALL my stuff through YearOne. Those fools TRIED to charge me a "handling fee" when I pick up my order...HELLO?!? I've had to call Cust Svc many times and complain about how long it takes to do pick up a Will Call, even if I've already placed the order! I'm just glad my 'bird doesn't need much more stuff, so I don't have to deal with them anymore. Haven't dealt much with OPG, I just got my LeMans and GTO, but haven't had any problems YET...BTW, did you know that the owners of Classic & OPG are brothers? Maybe it runs in the family...LOL

Old 06-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67blackcherry
BTW, did you know that the owners of Classic & OPG are brothers? Maybe it runs in the family...LOL

That explains it all right there!:cool:

520-409-7236
Koerner Racing Engines
You killed it, We build it!
520-294-5758

64 GTO, under re-construction, 412 CID, also under construction.
87 S-10 Pickup, 321,000 miles
99Monte Carlo, 293,000 miles
86 Bronco, 218,000 miles
Old 06-24-2007, 12:08 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAQuest
I called them and they said to send them back for a full refund. When they finally admitted that they received them, they decided to burn me for 40% because I had them for over thirty days. This is even though it's definitely their mistake. Classic Industries has a new trick that earns them money for no service at all! Buyer Beware.

If you knew that the rear floor mats were larger than they should be (definately a big difference in size between a full size Pontiac and Firebird) You had 30 days to send them back. If that is what the seller has posted as policy, your failure to diligently and be prudent with the realization and dissatisfaiction, and the ultimate procrastination after 30 days is your fault, not the supplier.

I know that most ALL retail stores have a 30, 60 or 90 day return policy. After that, suck it up, be more observant on your purchases and quit blaming others for a glaringly obvious return policy posted in their catalog and website.

They probably said send them back for a full refund because maybe they thought you knew what you were looking at (size of floormats) when you opened the box when you got it (within 30 days) Their error in telling you that because, possibly, you knew what size they should have been when you installed them or someone called you on the oversized mats when they seen them behind your seat. You obviously were outside the 30 day return policy, so take that red frown "smilie" that you used and place it on your forehead....because it is clearly on you.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They were a Christmas present from my wife and I only pulled out two when I received them. I didn't get the time to install them until spring. That's when I noticed there were four large mats. I believe a better policy would be that they cover their mistake. If it had been my mistake then it would be different. It's very common for someone with a hobby car to not get their parts installed within thirty days. Another thing that happened that seemed unfair was that the phone rep said to send them back for a refund but he didn't mention that I would be losing 40%. He had looked up the date of purchase and was well aware that it had been more than thirty days. He said he would research the problem and if they were wrong they would give me a full refund. That turned out to be total BS.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:04 AM
Senior Chief

Classic Industries website and catalog is VERY customer orientated and navigable.

In part..

"RETURNS
Products may be returned for a full refund, credit or exchange within 30 days of receipt. All returns are subject to a 25% restocking fee after 30 days. Should you need to return a part for refund, exchange or credit, please contact our customer service department for a return authorization number and instructions. Classic Industries® will not accept returned goods without prior authorization. Customer will pay freight on all return orders".

SHORTAGES
Always check the contents of your delivery to assure all the parts ordered were received. If you are missing any item(s) be sure to check for back orders notated on your invoice before calling our customer service department (see back orders). If a shortage has occurred, contact our customer service department within 2 days of delivery to assure a prompt replacement. Classic Industries® assumes no liability after this period.

DAMAGE CLAIMS
Always check the contents of your shipment in the presence of the person delivering the merchandise. Should any damage occur, immediately notify Classic Industries® customer service dept. so that all steps necessary will be taken to ensure a prompt replacement of any damaged goods. Accurate instructions will be given on damaged goods replacement. Classic Industries® is not responsible if no notification is given within 2 working days of receipt of goods (excluding Sundays and Holidays). Classic Industries® will file a claim with the carrier in most cases. If the customer files a claim with the carrier, Classic Industries® will not be responsible for replacing damaged products and the customer will be responsible to pay for any replacements until the carrier pays the claim. Please follow these instructions to avoid any problems or misunderstandings associated with damaged products and freight claims.

The bottom line is that those parts should have been inspected for damage, missing items and insured it was the correct part.

If you sold someone a set of $2500 RA II heads that you said were magnafluxed (and were) and the guy comes back 6 months later and says they were cracked or damaged, what would you do?

We are talking 6 months here, after you sent him the heads, no call from buyer stating they were damaged or cracked. If I bought the heads, first thing I do is take them to the shop and have them checked.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Banshee Quote; Classic Industries website and catalog is VERY customer orientated and navigable.

YAH! That's why they have Bonneville floor mats advertised as Firebird floor mats!

Another Bshee Quote: The bottom line is that those parts should have been inspected for damage, missing items and insured it was the correct part.

Exactly right, make sure you inspect thoroughly and quickly. Just wanted to give a heads up that even if they promise to give refund in full you can't believe them. I would have kept the mats and resold the second pair of big mats if I knew I was going to take a $60 hit when returning.

I hope my warning gets through the disinformation posted in my thread here by BSSheHe

Old 07-08-2007, 01:50 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Always check the contents of your shipment in the presence of the person delivering the merchandise.(qoute) How are you supposed to do that if they drop the box at your front door when you are'nt home? Or does Classic ship everything-sig. required?

Old 07-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Senior Chief

You would have demanded a full refund 12 months. Policies are for everyone EXCEPT you?

Now we realize that the floor mats were misrepresented in the catalog. You DID NOT say that in your FIRST post.

What a "turn around clown". If you can not tell the truth first off and then you get checked on it, do not flip the script to make whatever you did look entirely everyone elses fault but yours.

Aside from what I said about "Classic Industries website and catalog is VERY customer orientated and navigable", it is...Did I say it was correct or error free as you claim "they have Bonneville floormats listed as Firebird". I said the site was as stated above and never said it was correct.

NOW if you ordered "Firebird floormats" and they were MISREPRSENTED and you tried to return them, as according to you Quote "YAH! That's why they have Bonneville floor mats advertised as Firebird floor mats!" you should have said that somewhere in your Bi^&h post about how bad you were treated, but you did not and allowed people to fodder and guess whilst you cried foul.

Tell it like it is COMPLETELY and HONESTLY next time your feelings get hurt....Has an outcome how others opinions and experiences affect the company.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee
You would have demanded a full refund 12 months. Policies are for everyone EXCEPT you?

TAQuest Comment*****This makes no sense??? 12 months??? How about 3 months.*****

Now we realize that the floor mats were misrepresented in the catalog. You DID NOT say that in your FIRST post.

TAQuest Comment******Did you think I ordered wrong????*****

What a "turn around clown". If you can not tell the truth first off and then you get checked on it, do not flip the script to make whatever you did look entirely everyone elses fault but yours.

TAQuest Comment******The script has always been truthful....******

NOW if you ordered "Firebird floormats" and they were MISREPRSENTED and you tried to return them, as according to you Quote "YAH! That's why they have Bonneville floor mats advertised as Firebird floor mats!" you should have said that somewhere in your Bi^&h post about how bad you were treated, but you did not and allowed people to fodder and guess whilst you cried foul.

TAQuest Comment******Why would I order anything other than Firebird floor mats for a Firebird???? I thought that was a given for anyone with reason. *****

Tell it like it is COMPLETELY and HONESTLY next time your feelings get hurt....Has an outcome how others opinions and experiences affect the company.
The Conclusion*****More BS from BanSheHe that has no constructive purpose here in my buyer beware thread....******

Old 07-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

They are not my first (or second) choice of suppliers. By the time you factor in shipping, handling, oversize, etc. their prices are higher than PY or Ames. Nice user-friendly catalog, though. PY could learn from them in that regard.

They did make right the carpet that I bought which did not fit the fold-down seat in my 'bird. Took a couple of conversations, but it was not confrontational or unfriendly. I had the carpet several months before I discovered the problem, but we determined that the year breakdown in the catalog for 1967, 1968 or 1969 was incorrect (or at least very fuzzy).

All in all, I use them when I can't get what I need from my favorites.

Regards,

Old 07-10-2007, 01:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob,
I was very calm and reasonable when talking with them on the phone. The first rep expressed his apologies for sending the wrong item and assured me a COMPLETE refund when they received them back. I waited a month after I sent them back before calling them and they said they hadn't received them yet. I knew better because of the package tracking. A couple weeks after that I saw the small refund hit my credit card account. I called them and they said that they would research it and call me within a week. No call ever came.
I wouldn't ever have sent them back if I knew I was going to lose $60 plus shipping both ways! This mistake they made netted them $60 for nothing and also netted the shipping carrier near $50. I can see where they have the right to be strict about their rules. That would only be fair if they were strict AND consistent. The 'fairness' goes right out the window when they say 'full refund' if you meet certain criteria and then backpedal when you meet said criteria.

The purpose I had in mind for this 'buyer beware' was to let everyone know of the strict adherance to the 30 day rule in my case and also that I was promosed a full refund and got a partial refund. You cannot believe these guys on the phone at all.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:05 PM

Default sock it to them

TAquest the customer is always right yea!:clap2:

Old 07-15-2007, 10:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: The conservative enclave in a land of liberals; South Orange County, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman
TAquest the customer is always right yea!:clap2:
To quote Herb Kehler(sp?) founder of Southwest Airlines, the ONLY airline that has consistiently shown a profit since its inception, "The customer is NOT always right" but I totally agree with TAQuest in this instance. On a side note, I just had a good experience with OPG, I was at the showroom picking up an order, saw a nice t-shirt and got that as well. I noticed the shirt had a lot of dust/dirt on the shoulders, like it had been sitting on the hanger forever. I pointed that out to the salesman, he told me it was an obsolete part, they didn't have any others, but then he said "I'll just give it to you, just keep it on the downlow"! So I got a cool t-shirt with a red 64 GTO postcoupe with Hurst wheels on it FOR FREE!!! I know that's not corporate policy, that was just a salesman hooking me up, but still...:guitar: