Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 06-02-2021, 09:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Rat mobile

When I bought this thing I thought maybe a cat pissed in the interior. I thought needs upholstery anyway. Lol

Old 06-02-2021, 10:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

https://odoban.com/product/multipurpose-concentrate/

Old 06-03-2021, 06:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Go watch the myth busters eipisode where they put two dead Pigs inside a Corvette, seal it up with duct tape and the Put the car inside I shipping container, close that up and leave it out in the CA Sun for a month!

Talk about finding a way to get the small out so that they could sell then sell the car, lol!!!

1) 1940s 100% silver 4 cup tea server set.

Two dry rotted 14 x 10 Micky Thompson slicks.

1) un-mailed in gift coupon from a 1972 box of corn flakes.
Two pairs of brown leather flip flops, never seen more then 2 mph.

Education is what your left with once you forget things!
Old 06-07-2021, 02:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

As far as a touchup goes, You can load Duplicolor Metalcast Yellow into an airbrush or spray it on and blend it into affected areas. The airbrush works best and gives you better control. Top with lightly sprayed coat of a matte polyurethane. The heavier you apply it, the more it tends toward green. for touching up an already plated carb, it will just darken the underlying color variations so it doesn't look like a solid painted color.

On a metal stamping (hardware and linkage), I have burnished the part with a Dremel and fine wire polishing brush, sprayed lightly with the Metalcast Yellow and then topcoated with clear gloss. I used Sharkhyde Gloss as it lasts longer than paint and holds up the gasoline. It is too glossy for a carb body but will maintain the shine of the Holley tumble polished carburetors. otherwise I would use it there also.

Duplicolor Metalcast Ground Coat with the Sharkhyde Clearcoat is a good match for silver cad and tin plating.

In my engine compartment pic, the fuel lines were sprayed with the Metalcast Ground Coat. The master cylinder lid and bails were sprayed with the Metalcast Yellow and the booster touched up also.

Old 06-07-2021, 04:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeighborsComplaint View Post
As far as a touchup goes...
Posted to the wrong thread?

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=850997