Old 11-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Parts car

There is a '74 Esprit w/no title locally. What kind of return could I see if I parted the car out? Rusty Minnesota car. No power windows or locks, doors look solid. Dash is non-AC and has gauges, but has a crack, tilt steering, front seats trashed, headliner sagging, console w/auto shifter looks OK. Small rear swaybar and looks like Posi, probably 3.08:1 rear. Incorrect year master (earlier style), good subframe (from what I can see). Running engine/trans was removed and engine disassembled. Bad front bumper, no header panel and didn't really look too close at lower valance as bumper had the side ripped off. Maybe one of the 3 piece rear spoiler is OK. That's it for now. Thanks.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Is the radiator core support any good ? Accelerator cable is a one year only for all V-8's. Seat track's are 70-74,sail panels,parking light's. If the car is cheap enough there could be alot of goodies there. I could use the dash bezel.If it's a non A/C....

Old 11-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Core support has rot by battery tray. Wouldn't know about bushing area until unbolted (same with subframe). 2 bbl cable is different than 4 bbl. Seat tracks were specific to '74, but would probably work for 71-3 too. '70 was one part wonder.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:45 AM

The front bumper is always worth good money in good shape, as well as the front valences and filler panel

If it's cheap enough, there's always money to be made from the little pieces

Old 11-19-2011, 12:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Like I stated, front bumper had one side tore off, so I didn't even bother looking at valance as it is probably cracked from whatever caught the bumper.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Mike, it sounds marginal to me. With very little if any good sheetmatal, a bad front bumper, cheap seat cores, cheap dash core, your money return is going to be in a tilt, maybe a #9 posi carrier, pair of rear swaybar links, may get lucky on seatbelts and rear bumper, then it's on to possible decent plastic, trinkets, core out, & crushweight. If you get it, I'd be interested in the weld-on swaybar brackets on the rear frame rails. Believe that 74 was last year for those.

Old 11-19-2011, 09:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Nope, '73 was the last year for those. I guess you never contacted the guy that was selling repros of those?

Old 11-19-2011, 09:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Held for Ransom View Post
Nope, '73 was the last year for those. I guess you never contacted the guy that was selling repros of those?

a friend in TX had a used pair along with some nice used links & I just had to clean the brackets up a little w the grinder. About to go through a similar deal on a '71 Firebird,