Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 11:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Help with a purchase

Hey guys, have a situation here and just wondering how others might handle it. Well I recently purchased a starter from a PY member and its not going so well. I have bought and sold many parts on the forums but have never had a problem like this. I paid the member $150 through Paypal on February 24th as a gift to save the member a service charge as I have done in the past as well as most other members here do. Before I paid for this starter he gave me his gmail address so he would get my messages faster which only seemed to matter before I made the payment. He said that day that it would be boxed up and at the post office the next day. By Thursday I hadn't received any shipping and tracking information from him so I sent him an email and the next day a PM on the forums an heard back from him on Friday I believe with apologies about how he didn't mean to disrespect me and how he had a chance to go out of town with a friend to work and forgot his phone and he gave the starter to someone who was going to give it to the guy who handled his shipping and would get back to me by noon on Saturday. He said how he hates when people do things like this to him. He also said he thought I would have had it already. I told him no biggie just get me some info when he could. Well he got back to me Saturday night and said the guy wasn't there and his wife would have him call the guy back and he would get back to me Sunday and if not by Monday March 3rd the latest and thanked me for being so patient. Well I didn't hear back by Tuesday and have gone to my PO Box which is out of the way every day since and emailed him every day that still no starter. He sounds like a good guy that means well but he just won't respond with a tracking number although I should have the starter already or respond at all in any way. Well its Friday March 7th and he has not contacted me or responded to one of my four emails since last weekend. I am pissed off and disappointed and don't know what to do. Any ideas on this one? Sorry for the long drawn out novel but just want to give the full story.
Thank you.

Last edited by ITSBACK; 03-08-2014 at 12:12 AM.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

File a complaint with Pay Pal.

Old 03-08-2014, 09:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
File a complaint with Pay Pal.
If you sent money as a gift I don't think you can. Saving a seller a few bucks by sending money as a "gift" is a nice gesture but if you have an issue with them or the item you're outta luck as far as getting help from Paypal.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I know, a grievance through PayPal is out. I'm trying to keep it between him and myself but if he doesn't step up Ill have to share his name with everyone here so they don't get burned as we'll. I wouldn't expect this crap here, Craigslist maybe.

Old 03-08-2014, 11:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'd be PO'ed too.
I hate when you send somebody $ and they leave you hanging. I'd post his name if he doesn't get back to you soon. The worst that could happen is he can give his side of the story too.

71' GTO -original 400/4-speed/3.23 posi
13.95 @ 102.1 on street tires @ 4055lbs.

‘63 LeMans- ‘69 400 w/ original transaxle. 2.69 gears.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:39 PM

Well send him a message first ( last chance) ( no refund ill post your name ) im sure there is no starter ( when its- other guys , wives- other houses involved bad fiction )- just ask for your money back ( call it a day ) he can re gift you through paypal if no refund in 24 hrs post his name !

Old 03-08-2014, 12:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I already told him to just send me my money back, I'm done playing this game, he just doesn't respond but I will try again, it's all I can do. He does come on the forums every couple days.

Old 03-08-2014, 01:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We'll, message sent. No refund, no response, name goes out there!!! He has until end of day!!

Old 03-08-2014, 01:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We'll the gift was my offer as I always do. My fault, won't happen again.

Old 03-08-2014, 02:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Long timer, or newbie member?

Old 03-08-2014, 02:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Old 03-08-2014, 03:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via ICQ to Hammertime Mike

We try to work with these weasels with the hope that they do come through with the deal. I don't care who you are, your only as good as your word. Most here are excellent people. The cheesy few ruin it !! Do give up this guys name, as he doesn't seem to deserve any more leniency.

Old 03-08-2014, 11:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSBACK View Post
I don't usually buy from new people on the board. Before I post that I want the part, I always look at their history here on PY. If I don't recognize them or they just joined to sell parts, I usually pass.

Old 03-09-2014, 12:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Blue 66 View Post
I don't usually buy from new people on the board. Before I post that I want the part, I always look at their history here on PY. If I don't recognize them or they just joined to sell parts, I usually pass.
I've bought many things from the good folks (newbies too) here on this board and I am a very trusting person (probably to a fault). What really made me mad about the experience I mentioned about getting screwed over was, for a while, I became uncharacteristically untrusting. Not too long after that I paid for a posi unit from fellow PY'er Hottrod and he had a family emergency that prevented him from getting it boxed and sent. Because of my unhealed "scam scar" I ended up sending a few PM's to him with some choice words after a week or so went by and I hadn't heard from him. I apologized to him but it was something I wish I could have taken back. I felt like a jackass.
Today I am back to being a trusting person but I just take more precautions to protect myself better. I haven't given up on the human race just yet lol..

Old 03-08-2014, 04:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We'll I told him tonight so I'm going to give him that but tomorrow morning if no change then it's out there.

Old 03-08-2014, 04:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You have been more patient than I would have been. But his name needs to come out to protect the innocent.

Old 03-08-2014, 04:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If he doesn't come through tonight , it's over. I pm'd him and emailed him telling him the deal.

Old 03-08-2014, 04:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Out him so that none of us have to deal with him then chalk it up to experience. We've all been burned one time or another. I know it's not the money, it's the deceit.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 03-09-2014, 09:45 AM
Senior Chief

Post all info on him phone number address, email address, banking info anything you have.

Gregg

Old 03-08-2014, 05:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It is the deceit, I thought we all took care of each other here! Never had an issue here and I've bought and sold thousands of dollars worth of parts here! Like you said chalk it up to experience. Hard lessons are always the ones you remember. Guys who do this should be locked out!!!

Closed Thread