WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2005, 11:18 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sal:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by red70goat:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sal:
Here ya go Mr. I know everythingaboutpontiacandgm.com

Like I said many times before.
[QUOTE]

"....The bow-tie division reportedly will not resurrect the Camaro name on the car, but is said to be considering using the Monte Carlo badge..."

&gt;&gt;&gt; hmmmm, didn't GM do something similar in 1974 to a car called the GTO and offered it as on option on a car called a Ventura?

"....GTO... reportedly will offer buyers a choice of V6 and V8 engines...."

&gt;&gt;&gt; Hey, where is Champ and Mr. Gee_ I_Dunno on this??? They slammed me for my saying Pontiac would eventually offer a V6 on the GTO as a way to offer choices and stay competitive...was told I didn't know what I was talking about and it would never happen. I bet it does. HAH!

".... new generation of midsize rear-drive performance and luxury models later in this decade."

&gt;&gt;&gt; Sounds like an option to the G6 / G8 to me. Time will tell. Like I said many times before. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"....Please refer me to that paragraph because I missed that...."

&gt;&gt;&gt; You missed what I said. I said I bet it does happen, not that it will, as in context of opinion due to the growing # of "performance" GM vehicles offering a V6 and lack of sales in the current GTO format. As it is ,it's an ugly car. It's MSRP too high. People don't want it. Extra hp isn't going to change that. Perhaps engine options and the accompanying MSRP will.

"I find if funny how you read that the GTO was to become an option in 2007-8, and being offered with a V6. Nothing of that sort was mentioned, or in fact is planned for the GTO."

&gt;&gt;&gt; Lack of sales change plans.