Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2007, 12:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Anyone Live in Mississippi or Alabama??

We are deciding where to move to and wondering if we should consider these states.
I would think of the northern parts of the states. We are relocating from Long Island.

Huntsville was one area, and then i thought maybe we should consider northern Part of Mississippi

she is a nurse practioner in psych and i am a diverse IT technology person. Although i don't care what i do down the road i was just going to use the pay of the IT job to get us moved and situated.

how is the weather in these northern parts?
average housing prices?
job market?
water (like lakes where we can jetski)?
car friendly states?
cruise-in places?
any like off road parks for dirt bikes, quads, 4 wheelers?
DMV fees and emmisions testing?
natural environment like (tornados, flooding, hail, pollen, average rain etc)

if anyone has some input i wouldn't mind talking
thanks

she needs to move to a better area that is suited for her allergies/asthma
we have though about the souther parts of AZ, but i would love to be near some lakes so we can utilize the jet skis..