THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2011, 01:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking How is a car considered a 'sleeper'.

I'm talking about stockers and not highly modified.

If I own a GTO, SS, 442, 2+2, Torino GT, Taladega, Charger RT, Challenger RT, Road Runner, Belvedere, Cuda, and so forth, how does one call it a sleeper?

Just was reading another thread where they were disucssing 'poverty' caps to give a GTO a sleeper look. Not picking on anyone there but just wondered how a GTO with stickers all over it can be looked upon as being a 'sleeper'.

Even the lower models of the above mentioned had cid emblems on them but at least they did not have the high profile name.

Can some of you enlighten me? Just thought I would start this 'sleeper' discussion again.

My car was supposed to have stickers that had the cid on them but the factory (Freemont) forgot to put them on. Now that was a sleeper, but purely by accident.