Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2011, 08:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, to complete the facia of the dash, I finished the LH side where the switch gear goes. No face level vent in my car (was an A/C car) so I used that area for locating some switches for lighting etc.

Made up a doubler to fit the back of the dash, painted satin black to match the other side.

Urethaned that into the dash facia and when cured, mounted up the switch gear.

Switches are (from top Left)

Dome Lt Head Lt
Rear Demist Park Lt
Trunk Release Inst Lt

The wiper switch opening is set up for the DSE wiper kit switch and the old headlight switch position was perfect for the starter switch. I have to research up a little first, but if my alternator requires a warning lamp (some do, some don't), I'll mount one where the "LIGHTS WIPER" plastic sign used to sit.

Now all I have to do, is loom it all up and fit some plugs, so I can easily fit/remove the facia as needed.

1960 Laurentian 283
1963 Laurentian 283
1976 Trans Am 400
1977 Trans Am 400
1951 Chieftain Flat head 6
1967 Firebird 400 convertible
1967 Firebird 400 coupe
1979 Trans Am 403
1971 Formula 455 (clone)
1969 Firebird 350
1968 Firebird 428 manual.
Sydney, Australia