Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2014, 10:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Got the PHS today on my 71, thoughts

Got my PHS today on my 71 Esprit. Most I knew, but a couple of surprises. Have a vanity mirror, guess I never flipped the passenger visor down since getting car last fall(!) Also did not know I had custom seat belts, should have realized the buckles were different. Weren't the belts color matched to interior on custom? Since I have tuxedo interior, they matched the black part with black belts.

Car has 17 options. Those on top of Esprit package which gave all the shiny trim (belt reveal, drip, and wheel lip moldings), along with custom interior, etc.

Also seems car had door edge guards long gone with repaint. Like vinyl top removed also.

Interesting to me was suggested retail price of $5159.93. Wasn't that in TA territory? What are some retail costs of you guys 71 TA's? Now if only it would have appreciated in value like the TA's, haha.

My 72 F400 PHS shows retail of $4073.20, almost 1100 less, for a year newer, for reference.

What do you think the odds are this was a dealer lot car vs a customer ordered car? Does anywhere on PHS tell this? Seems a weird dealer order car, white on white on white.

Another interesting thing to me was AM / FM was one option, rear stereo speaker was a second.

Also after reading up on comfortweave in other thread, I dig mine even more!

Thanks again Matt if you read this!