Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2014, 08:34 PM
Senior Chief

Default PY Disappointment

I needed new convertible top weatherstrip. Since I frequent this website and benefit from the Forums, I decided to order from PY even though that 3 letter competitor is just a short drive from home. When the weatherstrip arrived, I compared it to the original pieces that I removed from my convertible top frame. The rear pieces were not close to matching my originals. The curvature was off so much that I took pictures and included them in the return package. Please note that convertible top weatherstrip has a steel insert so it doesn't just conform to any curvature like other weatherstrip on the car. So I call PY and get the return authorization number and send the item and pictures back. When the credit shows up, it's about $19 less than the price of the item. When you add in the initial shipping charge of about $15 and the return shipping cost of about $12, I'm out $46 !!! And it's not like I had the parts for months. Total turnaround time from placement of order to parts back at PY was just 8 days. And I never even installed the parts. This is evidenced by the mold flash still present in many of the slots. I called PY to inquire about the $19 and my having to fund the complete return shipping cost. The person who I spoke to said I had to talk to someone else and I was transferred to their line, but they were not there and I got the answering machine. I left a courtesy message, but no one ever got back to me. I really do want to support PY, but I can't be taking a $46 risk every time I need a part. Thanks for letting me explain my recent issue.