Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2015, 09:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Help me design cooling system from scratch

I'm considering removing my Taurus electric fan and possibly even my aluminum radiator of unknown origin. The radiator (see pics) measures about 26x18.5 x 2.25 with a core surface area of 21x18. It works, as does the fan, but I'm battling slightly high temps at steady 3,000 RPM highway driving. At idle are my temps are around 185* all day. Highway driving and it creeps up to 200+. I've heard that an OEM type 7 blade fan and clutch setup will pull more air than electric fans.

My car is far from stock, but I do like a partially stock appearing look if possible, but not a requirement. Performance is priority above all else. I have stock painted engine, but aluminum intake and an open element atop my Qjet. I have my MSD box completely hidden from view, and so on. I'll show pics of my current setup so you can get the idea of the engine bay.

That being said, I'd love to get input on what has worked for others. I was flipping pages in Ames this morning and started considering using a stock appearing setup. But they only sell the 7 blade fan in 18" and I thought 19" is better. What about pulley sizes? I think I have the smaller size factory opening for radiator (non-AC LeMans originally).

Anyway, please make suggestions for it all. Fan, Clutch, shroud, shims/setup of fan position, and radiator. I'm all ears!

Thanks!

469, M21, 3.42