Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2017, 11:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Launching on street tires at the strip

Hey guys long time no see! I've been busy having kids and the Pontiac has been collecting dust. A work contact invited me to the test & tune for free at bandimere speedway outside of Denver in the Mile high air (or lack thereof)..

I have run my car up there several times in the past and HAD some slicks but they are long gone... Car has a set of radial tires and a healthy 455 and has been running well for years since the last iteration of upgrades. I'm going to dust her off, check the timing and let-er-rip! I will probably get at least 5 passes.

I'm just going out for fun but would like to avoid completely blowing the tires off John force style . Any suggestions as to how I might salvage a respectable ET? Tire pressure? Launch technique? I've never run at the strip on radials. Combo is in my signature...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1968 Lemans. 37,000 original miles. GTO clone. 462ci/KRE 290 heads. UltraDyne 280/288 Solid/850 Qjet by Cliff/Performer RPM/TSP 9.5" in TH400/8.5" 3.42 gears/3950# Race weight/12.58@106 at Bandimere speedway high altitude