Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2021, 01:12 PM

Default 64 Bonneville convertible top “roof silencer” source.

I’m about to order and install a new top on my 64 Bonneville. The 1964 Pontiac Body Shop Manual specifies a “folding top roof silencer” under the top material and, it appears, spanning the header and the first bow. It is glued and tacked to the front header (as the top is) and slides on to the first bow and is secured with the listing retainer that secures the top. I don’t have the original top to reference so I’m wondering if you guys know what that panel is and where to source a replacement.

I’m sure it’s not necessary but it seems it would be nice to have. I recall watching a 64 Pontiac advertisement film touting how much quieter the convertible ‘64 Pontiac top was than the previous year and maybe even a 64 Cadillac. I always wondered how since they all, currently, use the same top.

Thanks.