Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2022, 01:05 PM
Senior Chief

My 69 400/330 hp made 256 hp on the dyno 7 years ago with the rebuild the previous owner did. It was rebuilt with 9 : 1 KB (346TM) pistons and #62 72cc heads and a stock cam.

Cam sound @ idle sound file: http://www.scumbackspeakers.com/69bird/69idle.mov

It's getting a Crower 60243 cam, Crower hydraulic 66056 lifters, Comp Magnum #1452 1.65 roller tip rocker arms, and matching Comp #7262 9.130" long pushrods.

Then there's the KRE D-Port 65cc aluminum heads (milled .030) to around 62cc, and an Edelbrock 7156 Performer RPM intake. The KRE heads flow 260 cfm out of the box.

The carb is an SMI 850 cfm Q-Jet.

I've got RARE long branch exhaust manifolds going on, connected to 2.25" pipes.

That should produce 10.45 to 1 compression. With some calculators online and some opinions offered here, I hope it's going to produce 450 hp and over 500 ft lbs of torque.

Does anyone know of a good place to get the Bird dyno tuned and tested in the Phoenix AZ area?

Let me know... thanks!

Jim / aka ScumOne
jim@scumbackspeakers.com

The Following User Says Thank You to ScumOne For This Useful Post: