Interior TECH Upholstery, Carpet, Dash, Headliner...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2023, 11:11 AM
Senior Chief

Question Another: "What have I got?" ...

Ok, all of you experts (I am not one), what seat tracks have I got?

Background: I recently bought two buckets for my next project (’72 Lemans HT). After receiving the seats, I started tearing them apart to check their condition. (Don’t we always tear apart new purchase? Lol)

Anyway, my first question was the wire between the rails. My original buckets in my ’72 vert only have the latching mechanism in the rail w/release handle. Both of these seats are connected by the wire (Pic 1), so they both have latches. No problem, it’ll work … just wondering what buckets had this interconnection.

Next … major problem. Pic 2 shows that the floor attachments are the same on both seats, but the attachments to the seat are different (Pic 3, 4 & 5). BTW, seats are identical, so I’m guessing that the rails on the driver seat were replaced. Maybe a big body Pontiac, or some other “junk yard” find. The rail will fit the seat by using the additional hole without the welded nut, by using the bolt and a nut to secure them to the seat. (sorry forgot a pic)

So just wondering what rails on the driver seat might be. I can use them or get the correct length (I think).

I welcome your comments. Thanks,
Ogre
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	72G Black Bucket Seat Cores (10).jpg
Views:	119
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	610086   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2002.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	610087   Click image for larger version