THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2023, 12:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoovDaddy View Post
My neighbor has a Tacoma and I was looking for one 2 weeks ago, the nearest access cab 4X4 was 275 miles away. I inquired and they wouldn't sell to an out of state customer. A 6' bed was a must for me. There were three 2023 Ranger XLT extended cab 4x4s in Michigan and I ended up buying one of them. Based on comfort and driveability, I now like the Ford better.
People really, really love these little Toyota pickups. About 6 years ago I bought a standard cab short bed 4-cyl one. 5 speed manual. It had just received a new fitted frame from Toyota and was literally new underneath. I paid $1500.00 for it and was driving it home from the seller with the for sale sign still in the window. I stopped for gas and a guy came screaming into the gas station and asked if it was still for sale and what I wanted for it. I just threw a number out of the blue at him. I said $4000.00 thinking it was cool him off and make him go away. He bought it on the spot. I never even signed the title. I owned it for about 45 minutes. It was an OK little truck appliance, but nothing to get excited about. Two weeks ago there was a 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser on BAT. Just a plain white truck. Super low mileage but Geeez! It sold for $165,000.00. No, I am not making that up. Some people are just crazy.