Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2023, 09:06 AM

Default Crank case pressure issue on my 63 bonny

Bit of backstory-
Bought a 63 Bonneville about a year ago. Ran and drove-ish. Brakes were garbage, leaked oil from everywhere, but ran out nicely.

I pulled the engine and trans. Trans was swapped for a th400 and the 389 got new gaskets, water pump, oil pump and put back together. Cylinders all looked good, no scoring.

Added a disk brake conversion from Scarebird and a 74C10 master.

I have everything dialed in and have a fair amount of crankcase pressure, to the point of oil getting onto my valve covers from the breather. I checked the PCV and it was sticky. swapped that out and no change. The lines arent clogged. When I removed the hose from the PCV it creates enough vacuum leak that it kills the car.

Looking for suggestions on what to check next. Ive tossed a fair amount of money at this car this year and sure would love to put some miles on her before the snow flies.

Thanks in advance!