Old 01-02-2002, 12:45 PM

hi, i found a car i am interested in. i would like to hear what you all think about it.

1966 gto, 7 year old paint job...was taken down to the metal and it still looks real good. rust bubble on the sail panel...no other rust. some bondo in the rear quarter panel...not visible, good job. factory installed four speed with console. only options were the console, am/fm radio. does not have rallye gauges...just speedometer, dummy lights, fuel gauge. interior is real nice. manual brakes and manual steering. has a 1974 400 with tri-power setup. 10k on motor. 670 heads and rollor rockers. (670...can someone give me more details on these heads). 3:55 posi. asking price is 10,500.

any thoughts or comment appreciated,
mike

Old 01-02-2002, 12:45 PM

hi, i found a car i am interested in. i would like to hear what you all think about it.

1966 gto, 7 year old paint job...was taken down to the metal and it still looks real good. rust bubble on the sail panel...no other rust. some bondo in the rear quarter panel...not visible, good job. factory installed four speed with console. only options were the console, am/fm radio. does not have rallye gauges...just speedometer, dummy lights, fuel gauge. interior is real nice. manual brakes and manual steering. has a 1974 400 with tri-power setup. 10k on motor. 670 heads and rollor rockers. (670...can someone give me more details on these heads). 3:55 posi. asking price is 10,500.

any thoughts or comment appreciated,
mike

Old 01-02-2002, 04:47 PM

Is this a new car since the last post? I think it would be a good price for no rust/bondo, have you seen the car up close and taken it for a test drive? Hey I'm cheap, and for 10g's I'd like to have something that I don't have to work on. I would already consider power steering and power assisted front disc brakes and etc etc etc. But the bottom line is "do you like the car". Do you plan on and have the fortitude to wrk / upgrade/ play with this car?

thats just my $.02 worth

Old 01-02-2002, 05:27 PM

thanks for the comments,
mike

Old 01-15-2002, 12:05 AM

670 heads were used only in 1967. There are the high compression heads with 10.75 compression ratio.

Old 01-16-2002, 10:33 PM

Sounds like a nice car to get started with maybe, but it's little high price wize inless it has a nice history. Has it been documented by the PHS? You always have to put some money in these cars.You Might hold out for 15.000 you should be able to find a dandy GTO. I think if you really dug this 66 you would have already bought it. A 66 GTO though is the BESTEST! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[ January 16, 2002: Message edited by: 0 ]</p>