Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 04-30-2004, 07:25 PM

Guys, I am doing a disc brake conversion(disc/drum) on my 66 GTO. I have a 66 booster, but need to know what M/c to use. I have one for a 87 s10, but it won't seat all the way down on the booster. The rod is holding it off, if I tighten the bolts down, the piston moves in, but I am afraid that once it is all the way down, the piston will be too far in the bore. What M/C should I use? I don't want to change boosters...Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. This is all that I lack to being able to drive the car.

Impossible is only temporary
Old 04-30-2004, 07:25 PM

Guys, I am doing a disc brake conversion(disc/drum) on my 66 GTO. I have a 66 booster, but need to know what M/c to use. I have one for a 87 s10, but it won't seat all the way down on the booster. The rod is holding it off, if I tighten the bolts down, the piston moves in, but I am afraid that once it is all the way down, the piston will be too far in the bore. What M/C should I use? I don't want to change boosters...Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. This is all that I lack to being able to drive the car.

Old 04-30-2004, 08:22 PM

try one for a 69-72 lemans / gto with disc brakes.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 05-01-2004, 04:36 AM

thanks mike,
I will check on this today.
Josh

Old 05-03-2004, 08:06 AM

Nozzlenuto5,
What size booster are you using? I am interested in putting in a front disc conversion kit on my 66 GTO. I see there are diiferent sizes of boosters. What was the correct/standard size used in 66? Thanks!!

Old 05-03-2004, 08:13 PM

chomp,
I am just using a basic booster for a 66 gto. I don't know what measurements you need. But I will be willing to get you any measurements you need. I got a master cyl from a 71 gto. I had to machine my push rod for the m/c. The rod was too long, so I did a crap load of measuring, and I cut off .670" off the rod in order to get the right length. Now I am in the process of getting my brake lines ran.