Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 01-03-2004, 06:25 AM

Need help ! Ive been looking at purchasing a toter motorhome or deisel pusher motor home.What brands are good?I have a wife and 2 kids and a 24 foot tag trailer(I may go to 30 foot aluminum).I want to spend under 100K.I was leaning more to a Motorhome.Do you have to do mods to the chassis to tow ect?Thanks Dan.P.s. not sure if this topic should have been posted in the lounge?

Old 01-03-2004, 06:25 AM

Need help ! Ive been looking at purchasing a toter motorhome or deisel pusher motor home.What brands are good?I have a wife and 2 kids and a 24 foot tag trailer(I may go to 30 foot aluminum).I want to spend under 100K.I was leaning more to a Motorhome.Do you have to do mods to the chassis to tow ect?Thanks Dan.P.s. not sure if this topic should have been posted in the lounge?

Old 01-03-2004, 07:58 AM
Senior Chief

Hey Boykoman, my name is Joel, I've been in the R.V. industry in California for nearly 30 years now. There are some fine coaches out there, and many that are just pretending. You'll probably be looking at used rigs for your money, as most quality coaches are $200k and higher new. A company called Monaco builds an excellent coach, built up in the Pacific northwest, considered to be top shelf luxury coaches.If I were in the market, I'd look for something like that used, 36-40ft. Nowdays, most units come with slide-outs, making them much larger if there's family traveling with you.Check out some of the RV websites, there are many. The guys driving these high-end coaches with the custom painted- to- match race car trailers are the ones I envy. Towing is no problem, but you'll be driving nearly eighty feet of rig around. Parallel parking is a pain! If you have more questions, E-mail is goat428@snowcrest.net

Old 01-03-2004, 09:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

For 100,000, a used Chevy cuttaway is a good start. I purchased my 78 chev. cuttaway from my neighbor for 3500.00. Stuffed in a rebuilt 350wRV cam and T400, Summit el-cheapo verter, new universals, new brakes, brakeline & master cyl. and new fuel lines. The rear, bearings, seals, inspect,grease, etc. Welded hitch all the way up to the rear end. Added 5 small leaves to the rear springs, gas shocks on corners, rebuilt the front end, new bushings. Ran electrics to the trailer ( 20' W&M open trailer) with 3650# car. New radial tires. This all cost under 10,000, if you do it yourself. I did it in my backyard with std. tools,with pipe AND COFFEE. Next will be the outside. The base is now solid. Tows like a dream and sleeps 5. Just a THOUGHT!

"Somebody sell me a 78 Catalina grille, please",15 yrs in NHRA tech ret. Winter Sucks www.nhra.com www.ihra.com

Old 01-03-2004, 09:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

boykoman, Go to www.racingjunk.com, scroll down to trucks, trailers and truck and trailer combinations. I think you can find what you want for a lot less than the $100K.

Bill

64 GTO, tube chassis w/606" IA tall deck, PG & a pro geared Fab 9". 2750 lbs.
8.2550@164.17-1/4, 5.2901@131.97-1/8, 1.1981-60-ft. 8/10/08

Old 01-03-2004, 10:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Bill Weyrich is selling his motorhome. 37' or 38', I can't remember. It's quite nice, but it's big block gas powered. I'll check into it further if your're interested.

Old 01-03-2004, 01:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Watch the ads in National Dragster and make cash offer on one.

-Rob