Old 01-18-2005, 07:07 PM

I am considering purchasing a set of Custom Auto Sound kick panels for my '67 GTO non a/c restoration project. I would like to know if anyone has purchased a set of these for their vehicle, and if they were happy with the fit and finish. Thank You.

Old 01-18-2005, 07:07 PM

I am considering purchasing a set of Custom Auto Sound kick panels for my '67 GTO non a/c restoration project. I would like to know if anyone has purchased a set of these for their vehicle, and if they were happy with the fit and finish. Thank You.

Old 01-19-2005, 10:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I am looking at these for my '66 as well, so TTT...

"I open up three deuces, I'm Never Coming Back!"

Old 01-19-2005, 02:35 PM
Senior Chief

I bought a pair for my 67 from an outfit that was selling them on Ebay. They didn't fit quite right, the backs of the speakers don't clear the cowl recess in front of the door. They kind of bulge out a little bit because of this. I'm assuming you have the airvents on the original kickpanels, you will have to get rid of the duct behind the original panel, causing air to always be coming in making a nice noisy ride (and cold)(I did buy th NonA/C model) . They also sold the panels saying they had 85w speakers, not.. they were labled 35w when I got them. I called them and was told they were mislabled . After about a month of use, the passenger side started rattling, I was pushing 50w per channel, so I'm assuming they really are 35w.

Unless you really want a true stereo setup and don't want to cut up your door panels forget about them.

Old 01-19-2005, 03:00 PM

I also purchased a pair of custom audiosound kickpanel speakers for my 65 lemans.For the price it should have been a perfect fit,they were not!! I cracked the plastic getting it to fit and after a month the speaker grills popped off.I would not recomend them

Old 01-19-2005, 07:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I guess I'm gonna make my own!

Thanks guys!

"I open up three deuces, I'm Never Coming Back!"

Old 01-21-2005, 08:40 AM

Thanks for the feedback! I'll skip the kick panels.