Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 06-24-2003, 02:21 PM

Anyone had any experince with parts from these guys?

www.billionsandtrillionsinc.com

Thanks...

Old 06-24-2003, 02:21 PM

Anyone had any experince with parts from these guys?

www.billionsandtrillionsinc.com

Thanks...

Old 06-24-2003, 03:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Don't recognize the company name, but there used to be a dude somewhere in Oklahoma that used the same advertising. Bought from him twice (maybe 15 years ago). Both times parts were very nice.

Jon.

Good carburetion is fuelish hot air.

"The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one given to you by your neighbor".

If you truly believe that "one size fits all" try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner of The Carburetor Shop, LLC (of Missouri).

Current caretaker of the remains of Stromberg Caburetor, and custodian of the existing Carter and Kingston carburetor drawings.
Old 06-25-2003, 04:42 AM

I bought some brake parts from them. They advertise in Hemmings Motor News. Its a junkyard in Oklahoma that only sells by phone - no personal visits. I think there are two like that in OK. I had no problem.

Old 07-07-2003, 04:26 PM

I normally don't do this cause everyones experience can be different, but I bought a front fender from him for a '64 LeMans. I remember it was a week of a Holiday and I talked to him late on a Tuesday. The fender was pictured on his site, I asked him some additional questions and ended up getting it. Well, to my complete amazement it was at my house on Friday -- I live in Pennsylvania! The fender was exactly as he described, but what really surprised me was how fast he got it to me. Here's a guy that has my money (credit card) and yet still is the type that thinks service means something! He had to of got off the phone and packaged it up that day so it could go the next morning. I'm sure everyone has experienced someone that is very excited about getting your money, but never extends the same service to you with the product you've purchased -- well, this guy thinks differently and that is what impressed me....

Old 07-08-2003, 07:53 AM

A few years ago I lived in Tulsa and met those guys. Very nice and seemed very honest. At the time I had a rear bumper off a 64 GP rechromed. They did a AWFUL job. Within a year it was turning that goldish rust color and the dent that it had was still noticable. Parts, I would say are OK, but forget about them when it comes to chroming. They really ruined the look of my otherwise nice car.

Old 08-27-2003, 03:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I e-mailed him about some small parts for a remote mirror and he didn't answer. Called him to follow up and he was pretty short with me, saying he only has interest in selling complete parts and would sell me a complete mirror. I told him I had an NOS mirror and just needed the mounting bracket and screw and he told me that I needed to look somewhere else. Not a good experience. Maybe a bad day?

Save yo Confederate money, boys, the South is gonna do it again!
Pecosbill

Old 08-27-2003, 04:05 PM

Interesting Pecosbill, I called and emailed about buying whole cars and the guy said no way. Not even for a million dollars. He has several cars that are really too nice for parts and should be restored . He seemed to be kind of an ass when I asked about seeing the yard in person . I was going to be in the area and wanted to see in person what I wanted to buy. He said strictly mail order only! Too bad I would buy several cars. His loss.

Old 08-27-2003, 07:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Uhhhh, Frank has no yard.

"He has several cars that are really too nice for parts & should be restored." Now that was a good line ROFLMAO

[This message was edited by ol' Pinion head on August 27, 2003 at 10:13 PM.]

Old 08-28-2003, 07:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That's weird, 64Fullsize. Here's a followup: I had sent Frank an e-mail asking him (very politely) why he didn't respond to my request and noted that every one of the nine others that I contacted tried to help me as best they could. This is the response (cut and pasted) I got:

"please tell every one I do not have to time for rude people negative
negative people like your self, I know you think life sucks well I love it
get lost!"

Wow! I even went back and read the e-mail I sent him to see if I had been rude and I couldn't find anything rude or negative in it. I think the guy must really be having a bad day! I've got three 1964's that I'm working on...thankfully there's a lot of other folks to get parts from.

OPH: No yard? Hmmm? What does the guy have? His website shows pics of a bunch of cars sitting out in scrub brush.

Pecosbill

Old 08-28-2003, 07:44 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ol' Pinion head:
Uhhhh, Frank has no yard.

"He has several cars that are really too nice for parts & should be restored." Now that was a good line ROFLMAO

i've heard the same thing about this guy.

i've not dealt with him nor do i plan to.

he does kind of remind me of a person on this board who sells alot on ebay.

that was not a professional reply no matter what content your initial email had.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 08-29-2003, 08:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Followup: After several e-mail exchanges, Frank sent me an apology today for not having had the time to pursue my parts inquiry. Considering the tone of the previous e-mail exchanges, it was a good and big step for him to take. I told him I considered the matter closed and it was time to move on down the road.

Pecosbill

Old 09-12-2003, 01:24 AM

I was searching for some LeMans Sportcoupe emblems for my Can AM, I e-maile him and he replyed that he had them so I called him. If he didnt want to be bothered he should not have answered my e-mail. When I called he was very short and rude from the time he answered the phone.He wanted $200 for them and they were used. I found them elseware for $28 shipping included. I will never call them again.

79 Anniversary Trans Am
Old 09-12-2003, 08:54 AM

I just got off the phone with them yesterday. I too emailed them about what I was looking for. He quoted me $225.00 plus shipping for used 1963 Tempest front fender scripts. He was short and somewhat rude. I just found NOS scripts for under half that price. Many years ago I purchased a core support from them for a reasonable price. At that time they were very polite and helpful. Don't know what happened.

Old 09-14-2003, 08:11 PM

I Called him A while back looking for a Driver's door panel for my 69 GP. He told me that he had an almost perfect panel for me and would get it out asap. Well, the charge went through on the Credit card I gave him And then about two or three weeks went by and I called him again to find out that he had just shipped the panel and that what he actually had was a 70 GP door panel. He told me he was including a filler piece to cover up the door handle hole so that no one would know that it was a 1970 door panel. When the panel Arrived it was in beautiful shape, but there was no filler piece included that I could find. I called him to find if it was being shipped seperately but he told me that He sent me the 1970 Door handle and that only a true pontiac nut would ever notice that the car had two door handles. Needless to say I sent the panel right back to him COD because he was also very short with me the whole time I just did not trust him to return my money. I will never order there again.

Tom

Old 10-11-2003, 11:08 PM

I called him recently to find an a/c duct for my 69. The first two calls, he was "in traffic" and told me to call again later. I finally got him to look for my duct and he quoted a price of 85 bucks.Lots of labor to remove it, he said.I said OK (needed it badly) but please don't get it from a 70-72 because it was a 69 0nly part. His response was " the price will be 110 bucks then." I told him to enjoy his duct and hung up. Thumbs UP to Ron Osterholt of Oklahoma for being very courtious, promply returning my call and selling me that duct for 25 bucks.

Old 10-12-2003, 08:58 AM
Suspended

THANK YOu