Old 02-03-2004, 10:14 PM

I'd take a red/black set too!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-06-2004, 06:40 PM

Did anyway say when possible production of the two color stripes would occur and who do we contact about these?

Also, a couple of questions concerning '71 GTO (non Judge) striping? Were the Judge eyebrow stripes even available on a 71 GTO or were the two color stripes what you got when you ordered them? On a Cameo White Judge, was blue the dominant color or were others available too? And finally, I know what the experts say but has anyone ever known of a factory '71 "A" body that had factory body side moldings and stripes too? It is possible because the moldings mount on the style line on the fenders/quarters and the stripes mount above the line.

Old 02-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Believe Glenn's friend Gary is going to reproduce the stripes, as he reproduces the Firebird HO & Sprint decals. Would bet he will have to get closer to production to give a firm price.

Randy,
To answer your question on the '71's, the 3 color reflective Judge stripes should not have been used on '71 non Judge... but folks have been adding them since day one, so sometimes it's hard to argue with folks. The thin "eyebrow style" Rally stripes (sales code 614) are what would have been avail from the factory as the body stripe on '71 non Judge 2 doors & non '71 1/2 GT-37's.

Can't answer your blue stripe color on a cameo white color car question. Can relate, have seen a lot more red-yellow-black Judge stripes on cameo white '71 Judges than I have any other color.

B84 bodyside moldings... have yet to see a set on a '71 LeMans or GTO that also had a D98 stripe of some form. It may be possible that a dealer had bodyside moldings locally installed on a particular car that had the '71 Rally stripes, but the B84 bodyside moldings would def interfere with the '72 D98 offerings.

Old 02-09-2004, 08:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It should be noted also that the side moldings had mounting pins with them that the molding mounted to and would interfere with the application of the stripe even if it was put on before the molding was mounted. Never have seen one with both. Will look at information I have at home when I get there to see if both could be put on at the same time. Need to consult with the assembly manual. Am in AK now and will not be home for over a week. The on to LA, back home for a nite and back to AK. Phew!!

JLP

Old 02-10-2004, 06:48 AM

I would like to hear from you when you check your manual and would also like to hear from anyone that has a '71'71 GTO that has both the stripes and the body side mldgs. It is possible for the '71 stripes to fit with the mldgs because they mount above them but have never seen one. However, the body side mldgs were pretty rare on a GTO and that may be the reason. As far as the yellow and black Judge stripes showing up on a lot more of the '71 cars, might be because that was the last color that GM produced. The others were discontinued earlier but the yellow Judge stripes were in the parts book for quite a while.

Old 02-10-2004, 07:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hmmmm. Trying to understand your more white cars would have had yellow/red/black stripes because their stripes were avail longer before being discontinued. Thought you were wanting observations of what we have seen of cameo white '71 Judges that were original, ie rolled out that way from the factory, not what someone put on their car in the mid 80's.

Old 02-10-2004, 05:50 PM

I am interested in what came on the white cars originally but I was just making an observation that I have also seen GTO clones with the yellow/red that ended up on there after the fact.Thanks though...Ill be checking in a couple of days to see if anyone has any info on the stripes/body side mldg combo.