Old 11-25-2003, 05:04 PM

I just recieved a new M&H engine harness and am attempting to install it and I have a couple of questions. My old one was so butchered I couldn't get accurate info from it.

From the firewall connector, how does the harness go. Does it go between the booster and the column or does it run under the column and back up to the harness retaining clip on the firewall?

There is a white retaining clip just after the first "y" on the harness, where does this get attached?

There is a long black wire with orange stripe and a rubber capped connector on the new harness that is not on the old one. It runs in the same section as the ignition, oil sending, and heater wires along the firewall toward the passenger side. Any ideas as to where this goes?

Thanks for the help, your the best!

Old 11-25-2003, 05:04 PM

I just recieved a new M&H engine harness and am attempting to install it and I have a couple of questions. My old one was so butchered I couldn't get accurate info from it.

From the firewall connector, how does the harness go. Does it go between the booster and the column or does it run under the column and back up to the harness retaining clip on the firewall?

There is a white retaining clip just after the first "y" on the harness, where does this get attached?

There is a long black wire with orange stripe and a rubber capped connector on the new harness that is not on the old one. It runs in the same section as the ignition, oil sending, and heater wires along the firewall toward the passenger side. Any ideas as to where this goes?

Thanks for the help, your the best!

Old 11-25-2003, 11:05 PM

I forgot to mention, my car is a '67 tempest, 400, auto, air, column shift. Sorry, my bad.

Old 11-26-2003, 10:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I bought my harness from M&H years ago for my 67 auto non air Floor shift GTO. I just looked.. and I ran mine UNDER the booster.
On my Car the black wire with the orange stripe goes down to the transmission. The "downshift" wire?? Thats my technical term :-)
There is a blue wire with a rubber boot on the end and that one goes to my Oil Sender..

As to that little white pin.. I tried hard to get it to stick into the firewall somewhere, and every once and a while I mess with my wiring and try to get it to fit somewhere .. but by the time you run the wire along the valve cover and hook it to the alternator,, That white pin is to close to the back of the head to reach the firewall.. So if someone knows where it attaches.. tell us!. If you want some pics let me know, i'll post them!

James Fasso
james@icvdm.com
'67 GTO Conv
"I told my parents I wanted to be a comedian
-But they just laughed at me"

Work
'67 GTO Convertible "Koerner Built 413 500 hp with a Victor!.. I'll run a stock intake."
'75 Formula 400 - Daily Driver -
Running with my Home Built 455 and TH400

Details here:
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=588372
Old 11-27-2003, 02:06 AM

vidguy,
Thanks for the reply. I started to run it between the booster and the steering column but there is so much extra wire it looks as if the harness will rub against the steering - that would be bad.

My tranny, a th-350, has a cable kickdown instead of a switch. I thought that might be what that wire was for just because of the length. Oh well, another wire to wrap up out of the way.

I think I found the place where the white clip goes on the firewall. There is a hole just before the first wire loom retainer on the firewall. It looks like the only logical place for it to attach. I'll let you know after I finish if it works.

I'll be working on this again saturday, then I get to install my new VFN GTO fiberglass hood when I'm done. They cut out the vents for me and installed a wire mesh to keep the big stuff out. I looks perfect just sitting on the car. High quality work.