Old 11-15-2003, 10:34 PM

My 66 gto conv. has electric windows and seat and the conv top. The car has been sitting since 1979 in the garage. I was wondering if these motors will be any good yet or will they have to be re-built? If so, who does it?

Mazz

You will never hear me say " I should have never sold that car"

Old 11-15-2003, 10:34 PM

My 66 gto conv. has electric windows and seat and the conv top. The car has been sitting since 1979 in the garage. I was wondering if these motors will be any good yet or will they have to be re-built? If so, who does it?

Mazz

You will never hear me say " I should have never sold that car"

Old 11-16-2003, 11:57 PM

They usually don't go bad unless they get wet. Sometimes the shaft will get stuck because the lubrication dries up in the bearings. If you put power on one and it doesn't turn, turn off power quickly. Try to turn the shaft manually. Squirt some oil on the shaft bearings if possible. Then try again. If that doesn't work, maybe an alternator rebuild shop will work on it for you.

Old 11-17-2003, 05:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

be careful if trying the top ,that the lift cylinders are not rusted or pitted. they light tear the seals if this is the case, which will cause quite a mess.