Old 01-25-2001, 04:13 PM

I have a restored '67 GTO convertible without the pinstripe on it. My next project is to get the correct white double pinstripe painted on. My car color is regimental red. I know the correct widths of each stripe and total width top of top stripe to bottom of bottom stripe but I don't know how far above the belt line the bottom of the stripe starts. I would appreciate any help with this pinstripe location and any other pinstripe info anyone has. also, is the color of the stripe bright white or off white or does it matter.

Old 01-25-2001, 04:13 PM

I have a restored '67 GTO convertible without the pinstripe on it. My next project is to get the correct white double pinstripe painted on. My car color is regimental red. I know the correct widths of each stripe and total width top of top stripe to bottom of bottom stripe but I don't know how far above the belt line the bottom of the stripe starts. I would appreciate any help with this pinstripe location and any other pinstripe info anyone has. also, is the color of the stripe bright white or off white or does it matter.

Old 01-25-2001, 05:36 PM
Administrator

My scanner is not working so I cannot post the Pontiac document 9778533 at this time. E-mail me with a fax number. The diagram states that the stripe goes on the "peak line" Also, there was a correct way to end the stripes at the back of the quarter panel with the bottom stripe about 1" away from the edge and on a 35 degree angle.

Old 01-25-2001, 09:38 PM

to ccass,

I'll be out out of town for the next 5 days and get back to you then. Send me an e-mail again with your address and I'll send you my fax number. Don't want to post it on the BB. I would like to see the tech document.
Thanks, BAllen