Old 12-27-2000, 01:31 PM

Is there a compilation of "one year only" parts for the A-bodies? I have the opportunity to purchase an NOS, 2spd wiper/washer switch the seller claims is a one year only part for the '67 A-body. Naturally the price reflects this claimed uniqueness but how does your average "joe" confirm this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanx.

Mike

Old 12-27-2000, 01:31 PM

Is there a compilation of "one year only" parts for the A-bodies? I have the opportunity to purchase an NOS, 2spd wiper/washer switch the seller claims is a one year only part for the '67 A-body. Naturally the price reflects this claimed uniqueness but how does your average "joe" confirm this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanx.

Mike

Old 12-27-2000, 02:51 PM

mudhen

When I get home from work tonight, if someone else hasn't answered you by then, I'll look up in my parts manual and see what the original GM parts number was and what years they cover.

Ed

Old 12-27-2000, 03:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

mudhen,

The '67 LeMans-GTO 2 speed wiper switch #1993372 is the same as '67-68 Firebird-Cramo.

Part is currently available as a reproduction & as a GM (Delco) switch for $34-49. If the seller is trying to scalp you for some major change, post his name, we'd all be interested...

Old 12-28-2000, 03:28 PM

Gentlemen;

Thanks for your timely reply. The item in question was for bid on eBay and was not successfully sold because the reserve had not been met. I contacted this guy directly and he had put a $50 reserve on it but would consider letting it go for $45. I did a little research and found the switch listed from a low of $39 from PY to a high of $75 at OPG so this guys asking price seems pretty fair for an NOS part.

Old 12-28-2000, 04:12 PM
Administrator

The switch that is available from various catalogs IS a DELCO part made with the original tooling, not a reproduction. PY just got a price reduction from mfg that makes the retail $32.00. Part# GMI228.

Old 12-28-2000, 04:17 PM

ccass;

Now that is great news! An original DELCO part, and at a new LOWER price! They should all be this way....

mike

p.s. I e-mailed this fella with the information I got from all of you...will be interesting to see what he responds with.

[This message has been edited by mudhen (edited 12-28-2000).]