Old 01-05-2001, 10:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I am having a headliner installed in my 66 hardtop.... but it wasn't sewn together correctly. Could someone with a 66 or 67 GTO hardtop please go and measure from front to back down the centerline of the car the length of each of the panels in the headliner? Mine is a REM repop and one of the panels is too long, and the installer can't get it to tighten up. He's going to take it apart an resew it, but we need to know the finished dimensions of each of the panels. Please list them from front to back. Thanks!!!

Old 01-05-2001, 10:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I am having a headliner installed in my 66 hardtop.... but it wasn't sewn together correctly. Could someone with a 66 or 67 GTO hardtop please go and measure from front to back down the centerline of the car the length of each of the panels in the headliner? Mine is a REM repop and one of the panels is too long, and the installer can't get it to tighten up. He's going to take it apart an resew it, but we need to know the finished dimensions of each of the panels. Please list them from front to back. Thanks!!!

Old 01-06-2001, 08:38 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Why doesn't he take the bows out of the headliner and install them in the roof panel , then he can make his own measurements . Don't mix up the bows , they have to be in the correct order they came out of originaly .

Old 01-06-2001, 08:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Jim- I wondered that too. The guy that is doing this for me is about seventy years old and been doing upolstery for about fifty years, and didn't want to question the guys authority if ya know what i mean. He said in order to resew the liner, he needed to know the exact finished demensions of the seams when installed.