Old 06-22-2005, 06:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to *67firebird*

ok you guys, im planning on taking out my heater core and everything else in it, i mean its melting temperature down in southern cali, anyways, what do i do with that hose that goes to the core and the other one that goes into the block? what exactly do i take out and i mean everything that has to do with the heater.

Performer RPM-850DP
Auburn- 3.55 gear
CC HR custom grind
Old 06-22-2005, 06:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to *67firebird*

ok you guys, im planning on taking out my heater core and everything else in it, i mean its melting temperature down in southern cali, anyways, what do i do with that hose that goes to the core and the other one that goes into the block? what exactly do i take out and i mean everything that has to do with the heater.

Performer RPM-850DP
Auburn- 3.55 gear
CC HR custom grind
Old 06-22-2005, 06:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

When I got my car my heater core was bypassed. Before I put things back to correct, the previous owner just had the hose that runs from the front of the block attached directly to the nipple at the back of the block near the distrbuter. The car ran fine that way. I've also seen some hose caps for sale in some of the catalogs, but I've never used those though.

Old 06-23-2005, 02:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That's how my 67 is currently plumbed - out of the back, and into the timing cover. But only for now.

Why take it out? I'm in AZ, and right now it is just about too hot to even hang your arm out the window (seriously... 115 today). But winter comes around, and I use my heater on my 73. Also comes in handy for defrost on a rare humid day.