Old 06-07-2002, 11:31 AM

I have a 69 GTO. Where can I find this plate that has all the data on it. I am also told that I can find a build sheet under a seat or glove box. Please confirm this info.
Thanks

Old 06-07-2002, 11:31 AM

I have a 69 GTO. Where can I find this plate that has all the data on it. I am also told that I can find a build sheet under a seat or glove box. Please confirm this info.
Thanks

Old 06-07-2002, 02:07 PM
Senior Chief

Build sheets could be located in a variety of places - under rear seat, behind door panel, under carpet, between gas tank and body are just a few common locations. From what I understand, build sheets were not required to be left in car after assembly, their purpose was to aid the assembly line worker on what parts/options go on each particular car.

Also you can contact PHS - http://www.phs-online.com/

To check your vin - http://bran.org/vins/index.asp

I found my build sheet (by accident), while removing the gas tank - it was masking taped to the top of the tank! Boy, was I happy Especially after I discovered that I had an original 455 car with #'s matching drivetrain (didn't know this before finding buildsheet). Good luck in your search, where in soCal are you located? I am in Ontario.

'06 GTO, '68 LeMans project, bikes, etc.
Old 06-07-2002, 11:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

FOUND MINE UNDER THE BACK SEAT..
HOWEVER THESE GUYS REPLYS HAVE ALL THE RIGHT ANSWERS ^
GOOD LUCK!
JEFF

Old 06-09-2002, 01:42 AM

fyi, the protect-o-plate was like a credit card that the dealers used for warranty repairs. it was in the new car packet the car was delivered with.
the trim tag is located under the hood on the firewall.it has some option info on it also.it's in different spots for different models. mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill