67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 04-11-2001, 10:10 PM

I have a set of Spring Ring battery cables on my '69 TA. I know that the smaller positive lead is mounted to a plastic junction block on the core support, but what else is wired to this block? What does it power? I replaced the engine wiring harness and it does not seem to have any extra leads on it. The car runs fine without having anything else attached to the junction block.
Thanks to anyone who can help me,
-Matt

Old 04-11-2001, 10:10 PM

I have a set of Spring Ring battery cables on my '69 TA. I know that the smaller positive lead is mounted to a plastic junction block on the core support, but what else is wired to this block? What does it power? I replaced the engine wiring harness and it does not seem to have any extra leads on it. The car runs fine without having anything else attached to the junction block.
Thanks to anyone who can help me,
-Matt

Old 04-12-2001, 07:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Never heard of that. I have rebuilt and installed many of these 69 FB and TA harnesses and never saw a positive junction block on the support. I know the ground or neg. lead grounds to the rad.support. Was it installed by a previous owner for accessories for fog lamps, horn or security system possibly?

Old 04-12-2001, 11:10 AM

Steve,
I have seen this feature on other cars, both firebirds and camaros. Not all cars have it though. The Spring Ring battery cables I have are reproductions made by Partridge Designs (I believe that is their name). They are supposed to be the correct (from the factory) cables for my car. We know how that goes, though. Everybody has their own opinion on what is correct. The cars that I have seen at car shows etc. with this junction block have other wires attached to it, but I was unable to trace where they go to. Any time I was able to track down an owner of one these cars, they didn't even know it was there (they obviously didn't restore the cars themselves).

Old 04-13-2001, 07:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

HW, I have learned always to keep an open mind when it comes to what is correct and what is not on these cars. For instance were hood pins available on 69 Firebirds and TA's. That is true and I have documentation to prove it although documents are not always true either. I have a GM diagram showing application of stripes on a 69 TA. We know they were painted on at the factory. So nobody is really and expert on this stuff unless you were building one on the line. In referance to your junction block, I'll go through some schematics I have and see if I find any referance to this.

Old 04-20-2001, 07:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The juction block you mention is used on the '67/68 Firebirds and is the main power feed to the fuse block. The heavy battery cable only went to the starter. I guess that changed in '69.

DanC

1930 Ford Model A Coupe .. (original)
1994 Buick .."TowMaster" ...woody wagon
Old 04-20-2001, 10:26 PM
Senior Chief

Hotwheels.... I have the color wiring diagrams for a 69 Firebird and T/A. Hope this helps...

http://www.69birdoffire.com/new_imag...ont%20Half.htm

http://www.69birdoffire.com/new_imag...ear%20Half.htm

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

"More tears are shed from answered prayers, than unanswered prayers"